Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

QBabe's Coffee Encrusted Pork

Newbs
Newbs Posts: 188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Man! That was a tasty recipe. Thanks Tonia. I used a whole loin instead of the tenderloin cut that the recipe called for. I'll admit that the bold flavours in the dry rub had me a bit concerned that it would overpower the pork, especially a mild flavoured cut like the loin. It didn't. The crust was pleasantly mellow and that sauce was delicious! I rubbed the loin and left it in the fridge for five hours. Got my LBGE up to 300 dome and put the loin on a rack to elevate it slightly off the grid. Did it direct. After about an
hour, the internal temp was 150. Pulled it off the egg and let it rest on the counter top tented with foil. The temp climbed another 5 degrees during the 10 minute rest period. Next time I'll pull it off at 145 though to get just that hint of pink that I like.[p]On a funny note, my neighbour just retired and has bought herself a hot dog cart that she is going to use to both stay busy and make a bit of money to supplement her pension. Well, she had her whole family over for the inaugural cook. I brought over some of the left over pork loin and I blew her hot dogs and her gasser out of the park. Comparing that pork loin to a hot dog was hardly fair and the smoky goodness of Maple Leaf lump vs. gas wasn't really an even comparison either but it was still fun.[p]Cheers,[p]John

[ul][li]QBabe's Site[/ul]

Comments