Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb Chops & Kabobs A Successful Cook! PICS

Options
bbqdiva
bbqdiva Posts: 192
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks all for your inspiring "Worst Cook Ever" stories. [p]Got back in the saddle last night and had a very nice meal :-)
[ul][li]http://picasaweb.google.com/thetishernator/LambChops/photo#s5047298470657712322[/ul]

Comments

• bbqdiva,
    Very nice photos Tish,I bet they where tasty too![p]Ken

• Pork Butt
    Pork Butt Posts: 95
    Options
    bbqdiva,[p]
    They look awesome. It's too early to be this hungry now.[p]I don't know if you seen my response back to you on living in Florida, I am at New Port Richey, just above Tampa.[p]Mike

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    bbqdiva,[p]Good to see you're cooking again! Did you use sauce on the lamb? I never have, but you have me thinking!!![p]Smokey
  • Flashback Bob
    Options
    bbqdiva,
    Looks good- what did you rub and baste them with?[p]I saw that moon yesterday too! I'm hundreds, maybe thousands of miles North of you but we had the same blue sky and same gibbous moon. This week you can see Saturn near the moon, too ( but you have to wait till it gets dark).

• bbqdiva
    Options
    Smokey,[p]I've never sauced them either, however...the sauce was there starin' at me...and the chops starin' back and I just did it. [p]Yes, they were very good. I marinated them in Italian Dressing then sprinkled with HomeBBQ.com's Famous Rub. I usually don't go the BBQ sauce route with lamb chops, but they were great.
  • bbqdiva
    Options
    Flashback Bob,[p]Wasn't the sky gorgeous yesterday afternoon![p]
    I marinated them in Italian Dressing then sprinkled with HomeBBQ.com's Famous Rub. I usually don't go the BBQ sauce route with lamb chops, but they were great. [p]I've used italian dressing and poultry seasoning in the past as well.

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    bbqdiva,[p]BTW, I've become a big fan of DP "Red Eye Express" rub on lamb. It rocks![p]"gettin' hungry just thinking about it"[p]Smokey
  • bbqdiva
    Options
    Smokey,[p]Hey, that's what I put on the Kabobs! Love that rub.

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    bbqdiva,[p]Lookin' good. See, it's just like riding a bike! [p]Tell me more about what you did to that lamb - looks yummy.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    I see where you answered my question below to Smokey.[p]TRex

• StumpBaby
    StumpBaby Posts: 320
    Options
    bbqdiva,[p]
    Lamb gives me big air biskits...i wonce knocked a preacher out at a church lamb social..an i was some thin like 3 pews away...it wood a bin funny cept for the ole women folks in fronta me hadda blew wig on what mooved on accounta the fastness of the air..she shore was mad I'll tell you what...i shoulda been mad..i mean you go to a church social to help out folks what need it..an next thing you know you is harborin a kibble south of the border an lookin to not be noticed for it some thin fierce...don't seem rite at all...what happent to the good ole days when church socails had ham an bean dinners anyway?[p]StumpBaby

• orion11
    orion11 Posts: 140
    Options
    bbqdiva,
    Awesome pics there!! I should have eaten breakfast, now I'm starved!

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    StumpBaby,[p]Beans?! What do those do to you?
  • Sundown,[p]Pinto Beans, cornbread and fried (in a big 'ol cast iron skillet only) taters. Now that's a meal. [p]God how I miss my Grandmother (she was a fiesty one, drove a black SS Chevy Chevelle everywhere screamin, "Outta my way...what you want mistser? To jump in the panty hose with us? Get off my ass!).......that woman could cook anything and make a meal out of a rock and paper bag if she had to!