Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wonderful Mothers' Day Cook

Options
Chipper
Chipper Posts: 35
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been owning and cooking on my Egg for a little over a year, and I am still impressed with this little device. For Mothers' day dinner, I had planned my most ambitious cook to date: Bacon wrapped scallops, Baked potatos, baked Vidallia onion, corn on the cob, and filet minion. I fired up the Egg to 325° and put the on 'taters (wrapped in foil after jump starting them ala C~W) and the Vidallia (peeled, wrapped in foil with butter, salt, and pepper). I then put on the scallops. This proved to be an adventure. As the bacon fat started to render, the flames started to grow(there seemed to be a direct corralation ;-)) After a couple of minutes, I took the scallops off and unwrapped them and then put them back on for a couple more minutes. After the 'taters and onion had been on for about an hour, the ears of corn went on (btw, the temp had crept up to about 450°). The corn had been soaking for about an hour. Once the corn went on, the temp came down quickly to 350°. The veggies stayed on for about another 15 minutes. After the veggies came off, I added more lump and bumped the temp up to 700° and put on the filets for 3-3-4. This was my first try w/ veggies on the egg, but I am sure it won't be the last.
As an aside, I tried to use this opprtunity to try and convince she-who-must-be-obeyed that I 'needed' another Egg to comliment my large. She just rolled her eyes and told me to save my money. Hey, at least she did not say 'NO'!
I love my egg![p]Chipper

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Chipper, "I love my egg!", we can tell :-)
    Nice report, thanks for sharing in the fun!
    C~W
    BTW, a few more meals like that and don't be surprised if she (your sweet wiffy) buys you one.

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    Chipper,
    If you liked the veggies on the Egg, get yourself a wok. I was with a dealer this last Saturday for an Egg demo. They used a wok in both a lg Egg and a med Egg. To say I was impressed, would be putting it mildly! I gotta have one! It really was simple and the food was great!!!![p]BTW, the demo was a great success! People were amazed at what the Egg can do. Little surprise though! After nearly 3 yrs of Eggin', I'm still amazed at what I can do with it and how well everything turns out.[p]Keep workin' on the Missus! She'll finally give in and then be tickled pink that you've got flexibility now to add to meals.[p]Cheers, [p]Dr. Chicken