Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Convert Coming to Waldorf

Options
BluesnBBQ
BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A few days ago a good friend of mine told me he and his fiancee are buying a house and he was considering buying an Egg. He wanted to know if it was really worth it, what you can cook on it, how much lump costs, etc. I'm not as rabid about how great the Egg is as some others here - it's definitely the best cooker I've ever owned and I'm glad I have one. I told him all of the good things about it and explained why it's worth the price. I also suggested reserving an EggFest cooker and picking it up there. He had already considered doing that and din't realize I was playing there. He told me he is planning to reserve a large. I'll probably go to Waldorf with him and help him load up and take his new baby home.[p]Dr. Nick, like me and Nature Boy, is a graduate of Laurel High School. Some of you will meet him in Waldorf, and hopefully he'll join the forum.[p]Dale, do I get a commission for helping you sell an Egg? :)

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    The "Briquettes" people have sure done a good job convincing Q'ers that briquettes and lighter fluid is the way to BBQ. I met a guy in Home Depot yesterday and he asked me which I thought was the best charcoal, the kind you soak with lighter fluid or the kind that was already soaked. Ha... you can imagine my response and the ten minute followup conversation afterward discussing the merits of ceramic cooking vs stick-burners and briquette burners and so on. He eventually said when his current cookers wear out he'll probably get a Big Green Egg. I'm pretty sure he is visiting the Big Green Home page as I write. If he is smart he will have an Egg within the year and will be at next year's Eggfest.[p]Another day, another young man put on the correct path to happiness.[p]Spring "Non-Commissioned Big Green Egg Salesman" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA