Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole wheat/grain pizza dough recipe......

Eggcitable Boy
Eggcitable Boy Posts: 35
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for a whole wheat or whole grain pizza dough recipe that can be used on my pizza stone. Would like to make a 12"-14" thinner crust pizza, at high altitude for Colorado Springs region. Also have been told that around 600 degrees is approx. for a stone baked pizza. Suggestions please.......Eggcitable Boy

Comments

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Eggcitable Boy,
    Pizza tips. See link below. Sorry I don't have a whole wheat recipe if I see one I will ping you later.[p]Happy Egging, Pharmeggist

[ul][li]http://www.nakedwhiz.com/pizza.htm[/ul]
  • Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    baking0060.htm
    <p />Eggcitable Boy,[p]I posted this recipe in the Forum's Recipe section a number of years ago. Take a look and, if it fits your needs, have at it.[p]I play with the ratio of bread flour and whole wheat flour (I'm pretty set on a 50/50 ratio these days). I also substitute 1 tbsp barley malt syrup for the honey.[p]Puj

• Pharmeggist,[p]Thanks to you both, these recipes are what Im looking for. I must have had a tempoary lapse of memory NOT to look at the nakedwhiz site first........Where does someone get barley syrup from, maybe Whole Foods? Sounds like a great addition to the crust....Thanks again.....Eggcitable Boy

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
  • Eggcitable Boy,
    i use a normal white flour pizza dough recipe and substitute King Arthur White Whole Wheat flour for the white flour. it is ground as fine as normal white flour, and has a bit more gluten that white flour so it rises and performs the same as "normal" pizza dough. KA's WHITE whole wheat flour doesn't have the strong (some would call it bitter) flavor that "normal" whole wheat flour has when used straight (not 50/50 with white flour, as most whole wheat recipes call for). i don't know where in your area you might find it, but check out the king arthur flour web site for retailers. alternately KA does mail order, but paying for shipping may not be economical.[p]ken[p]

• Ken Baker,[p]Thanks.....I will keep this recipe in mind, too......I believe I can get King Arthur locally here (Colorado Springs) at a few stores......Eggcitable Boy