Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza success

Options
Mayberry Smoker
Mayberry Smoker Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did my second pizza on the egg tonight and it turned out a lot better than the first. I cooked at 550 instead of 600 and used parchment paper which really worked well. I think I got my camera set right to take smaller pictures so they are easier to view ( thanks Spring " picture guru " Chicken for pointing this out to me )
Pizza2.jpg

Comments

• Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    Mayberry Smoker,
    That looks yummy! How did you make the crust? I tried a new crust recipe last night and it bombed. It was more like cracker bread than pizza.[p]Gwen

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    dimplesmom,[p]When doing on the egg you really need to add more water...
    Since the heat source is under the stone you need to have more hydration than most recipes call for...[p]If you liked the taste and just want it more tender than either add more water or ...don't cook as long..[p]If you don't cook as long and your crust isn't brown enough add more surgar to the recipe..

• Mayberry Smoker
    Options
    dimplesmom,
    The dough recipe I used can be found in the archives on Feb 2 and it was posted by Chuck. Good luck with it.