Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Non-Stop Saturday Eggin'

Options
Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can't believe it's already been one week since Eggfest-MD. The great time I had is still lingering.
Well, today Im gonna put the MINI to the test. After using it for quick burns since I got it Im gonna smoke with it, then high temp grilling.
Got a gross load of sausages this morning(my butcher phoned me this AM and told me of his new blend he added with this batch, so i baught it by the gross-52 links) I will add NO SEASONING...I wanna taste this new blend....just gonna use some red oak that RHUMANDJERK generously donated at Eggfest. Will put them on at 260-270 for 45 min....turn then take them off at 30 min.
Then I will raise junior to 600-700 to sear some wonderful 1 1/2 inch thick pork chops that my butcher threw in free of charge along with my batch of sausages.
After all of this I will head over to Cornfed's upon his return to team up as "3 EGGS AND SMOKE", our amature bbq name :) and do spare ribs.
I hope this Saturday does not end.
CHEERS AND BEERS!
ST

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,[p]I'm running late (as usual) but I'm off in a few to get my car serviced, to (maybe) pick up a "starter digi cam" to hold me over until I can get a decent one, and to go buy a boston butt! And you know what, I just got this crazy idea to perhaps make a stop at the beer store on the way home...[p]Happy Saturday to all in Eggland!
    Cornfed

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    Cornfed,
    I personally have not tried the combination, but I have heard personal accounts from several folks who have tried it, and from a handful of reputable food-related periodicals, that the union between malted beverages and smoked meats can be quite agreeable to the human palate. Enjoy, and please post your results on this potentially satisfying pairing.
    Cheers,
    Qfan