Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri-Tip becoming MY Favorite

Options
eggaholic
eggaholic Posts: 309
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
TriTip4.jpg
<p />Since it's a serloin roast I thought it would be a little chewie but do i stand corrected. Those that have not cooked one u are in for a treat!!!!
TriTip6.jpg[p]TriTip5.jpg

Comments

• ArvadaMan
    ArvadaMan Posts: 260
    Options
    eggaholic,[p]I am with you. I picked up a tri tip out of the bargin
    bin on Wednesday night to give it a shot. I was
    impressed. It was a great steak. Lots of flavor.
    Made great steak tacos sliced thin across the grain.
    Good value at 2.5 pounds for $7.00.

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    TriTipCook3-1.jpg
    <p />eggaholic,It is a wonderful cook. There are so many ways to add flavor to the meat. Good luck in the future, Tom
  • eggaholic,[p]Lucky! I swung by the local butcher shop at about 6 tonight to pick up a 2 lb. tri-tip. They didn't have any cut and I missed the butcher by about 15 minutes. I was ticked!!! Had a hankering for tri-tip fajitas. Tried to sweet talk the butcher's wife into cutting into a side of cow to get me one out, but she wasn't up to it (and probablly would have screwed it up anyway)!!! I've got to learn how to dress a cow. Need to run up to my uncle's in Iowa! Oh well, stuck with 2.5 lb of ribeye tonight (please don't throw me in the briar-patch!!!!).[p]I'll try try-tip Sunday. The butcher's bringing one to the house in the am (how's that for service!).