Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's WOOSDAY Again.. Bring the pictures on

Options
Celtic Wolf
Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Time to start practicing so yesterday I did some pulled pork.[p]tried a new variation to my rub and WOW!!! [p]
buttstart.jpg[p]
buttfinish.jpg[p][p]pulledpork1.jpg[p][p]pulledpork2.jpg[p][p]pulledpork3.jpg[p][p]Did some smoked meatloaf too.
overmeatloaf.jpg[p][p]sidemeatloaf.jpg[p]

Comments

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    118_1887.jpg
    <p />Celtic Wolf, I like this butt photo because the face in the smoke....it's between and above both butts in the middle of the dome. Spooky! T

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • IMG_0106.jpg
    <p />Celtic Wolf,
    Pizza . Oh Yeah[p]DJ

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    Some tuna with blue cheese sauce and tomatoes and some crab stuffed mushrooms

Monday003.jpg[p]
    Ztrip039.jpg[p]

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    sunday's homemade marinara sauce and BGE lasagna... yummy. . .[p]IMG_0814.jpg[p]IMG_0824.jpg[p]IMG_0825.jpg[p]IMG_0831.jpg[p]IMG_0834.jpg[p]IMG_0835.jpg[p]IMG_0837.jpg

• Golfnut
    Golfnut Posts: 144
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    IMG_1057.jpg[p]IMG_1059.jpg[p]IMG_1061.jpg[p]Salt and pepper and used cherry chips for smoke "oh so good"!

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    resting.jpg
    <p />Celtic Wolf,
    did some sea scallops the other night, in three different ways all at the same time. bit of a juggling act but it turned out great.[p]here's the dizzy pig with accoutrements all ready to go.
    left to right it's: tsunami spin with fresh coconut in orange juice and dark rum; next is swamp venom, fresh pineapple, and tequila (too much in that bowl, next time just a splash on the pineapple); last it's raging river on some garlic and shallot with olive oil and brandy[p]dizzy.jpg[p]i took the coconut, pineapple and garlic and sauted them in individual small cast iron pans. this thickened the pan sauces and browned the chunky stuff. next time i'd add pineapple juice to the pineapple, and use less tequila (just a drizzle) to marinate, as the alcohol didn't burn off and was a BIT overly strong at the end. the oj thickened nicely because of the sugar, and so i might add some brown sugar to the pineapple to for the same reason. the garlic got a good amount of olive oil AFTER sauteing, otherwise it woulda deep-fried the garlic. after i sauted everything, i reserved it, and seared the scallops right in each of the same pans.[p]searing.jpg[p]after about 2 to 3 minutes a side (don't flip if they stick to the pan, flip only when ready), i reintroduced each of the batches of sauted stuff back into the respective pans to heat them and meld the flavors a bit more.[p]then, the orange/coconut got (CAREFULLY) a 1/3 cup of rum, the pineapple got 1/3 cup of tequila, and the garlicky stuff got 1/3 cup of brandy. i hit each with a burning twig to flambe' them and burn off the alcohol.[p]flambe.jpg[p]the last pic is each batch resting and ready to chow. left-to-right is the finished pineapple/tequila (again, i'd add maybe pineapple juice or brown sugar to sweeten/thicken), the garlic/shallot/brandy (maybe some balsamic? could stand to be a touch more savory), and the coconut/rum/orange (which needed no corrections). a little salt/pepper to finish it off.[p]was a nice quick cook. we like to do scallops in the cast iron as an appetizer for groups, and so i had it in my mind to try these variations for just the wife and i. was a pound of sea scallops. i think for a dinner party it would be a great bit of bravura to torch off the flambe and bring it inside, sizzling like a banshee.[p]the 1/3 cup of alcohol mentioned above is what i WOULD do. i did too much tequila marinating the pineapple, because the alcohol that's soaked in doesn't burn off. and i did too much brandy on the garlicky stuff. i don't think they should be swimming in it as mine were (see the flambe' pic), but i had smoke in my eyes. next time i'll premeasure.[p]resting.jpg[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,[p]I love ABT's but they're a little too hot for my daughters. I therefore experimented with Poblano ABT's - yummy. That's a fattie in the background.[p]BGE011.jpg[p]Publix had T-Bones on sale for $6.99 a pound. I wasn't that excited until I went to my local store and found two 27 oz beauties. I don't ususally see them cut that thick.[p]BGE012.jpg

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC01456a.jpg
    <p />Celtic Wolf,[p]This week I did several batches of jerky: beef, deer and bison .... fine tuned a cream corn recipe ... and made version 2 of a green chile sauce I'm workin' on.[p]DSC01674a.jpg[p]Rudyscorn.jpg[p]DSC01695ab.jpg[p][p]~thirdeye~[p]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • NCEgger
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,[p]Okay, here is my first WOOSDAY and Image post. I hope it works. I cooked some stuffed chicken breasts the other night. I tenderized/flattened the chicken breasts and then stuffed with ham, spinach, and fontina cheese. I then rolled the breasts up and used toothpicks to hold them together. I then put some rub on the outside and threw them on the Egg over a drip pan.[p]I hope the images work.[p]StuffedChickenBreast1.jpg
    StuffedChickenBreast2.jpg
    StuffedChickenBreast3.jpg
    StuffedChickenBreast4.jpg[p][p]

• eggaholic
    Options
    fatcheddar7.jpg
    <p />Celtic Wolf,
    Fatties

• NCEgger
    Options
    ncegger,[p]Rats.
  • NCEgger
    Options
    ncegger,[p]Okay, the second attempt.[p]StuffedChickenBreast1.jpg

StuffedChickenBreast2.jpg

StuffedChickenBreast3.jpg

StuffedChickenBreast4.jpg

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    Chili Verde, thanks to thirdeye's recipe and advice.
    Thank you thirdeye, this was a hit!
    Bob[p]Ground pork ready to roast.[p]IMG_3135_edited-1.jpg[p]Roasted peppers, pobablanos and Anaheims[p]IMG_3136_edited-1.jpg[p]Finished product.[p]IMG_3138_edited-1.jpg

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Bobbyb,[p]That turned out good, glad you could find the peppers. Let me guess, you didn't go with the "ooh-wee baby" level of serranos, or am I thinking of someone else?? Listen, I'm workin' on a plain green sauce (no meat) should have a sound recipe very soon. A picture is below in my Woosday post. [p]But hey...I thought the chili was the side dish? What happened to the main course? Did you make a mess of the masa? Hehee.[p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    IMG_2165.jpg
    <p />Celtic Wolf,
    Egged Pot Roast[p]IMG_2156.jpg[p]IMG_2164.jpg[p]IMG_2166.jpg

• Herm
    Herm Posts: 206
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,

pig candy:
    PigCandy.jpg[p]ribs:
    Ribs.jpg[p]salmon w/garlic spinach:
    SalmonSpinach.jpg

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    thirdeye,
    Great looking stuff. Love green chilis. AZ

• Celtic Wolf
    Options
    ncegger,[p]Recipe Please.. This might be a good addition to my catering menu :)[p]
  • jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Options
    Thermext3-1.jpg
    <p />Celtic Wolf,

• SouthOfI10
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    I did chicken on Sunday.
    DSC00887.jpg[p]And got my newest lil Egger, Daisy, yesterday...[p]DSC00907.jpg

• Lawn Ranger,[p]That looks good. May I get a recipe, please.
  • Lawn Ranger
    Options
    TUSK,
    I actually did this a while back. It's basically QBabe's recipe. See below for how I did it, and read the attached thread from QBabe for some additional tips.[p]Mike [p]

• Lawn Ranger
    Options
    TUSK,
    I didn't get the attachment. Let's try again.[p]Mike

[ul][li]http://www.biggreenegg.com/archives/2006/messages/252608.htm[/ul]
  • Curly
    Curly Posts: 46
    Options
    ncegger,[p]Yes please, the recipe. I don't cater...well I do cater to the urges of my tummy :-) and it's telling me it likes that chicken.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    Curly,[p] Pssst it's in the original post with the screwed up links...
  • NCEgger
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,[p]I really don't have a recipe as I winged this meal on the fly. But I can walk you through what I did. I took two boneless chicken breasts covered with saran wrap and flattened them with the tenderizer. I made sure to get them a consistent thickness. (At this point I should have put some rub/seasoning on them but I didn't) I then took a couple of pieces of sliced deli ham and laid them on the breasts. Next I added chopped baby leaf spinach. On top of the spinach I added grated fontina cheese. I then rolled the chicken breasts, keeping the stuffing inside, and secured them with toothpicks. This is when I added the All Purpose Greek Seasoning to the exterior, but I should have done it earlier. You could use your favorite chicken rub or just salt and pepper.[p]I had the Egg stabilized at 350 degrees and had a drip pan for indirect cooking. I cooked until the breasts were 165 degrees internal temperature. The tricky part was the part of the chicken that made up the middle layer. It took longer to cook. I wasn't really paying attention to time, just temperature. However, I think it was around 30-40 minutes.[p]I have also done this recipe with thick cut pork chops and it is very good. Instead of flattening the pork chops I sliced them for the stuffing. Also, shaved ham may be better than sliced.[p]I hope this helps. I got the idea from a menu item at Dolce's Italian restaurant in Charlotte, NC.
  • NCEgger
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,[p]Yes, if i hadn't screwed up the pics all would be good. Oh well I added another post with more information. Let me know if you have any questions.[p]Also, Celtic I am in NC too, Charlotte.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    ncegger,[p] They used ham and not Prosciutto? Shame on them :) Thanks. [p]
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    ncegger,[p] Opposite ends of the state :) My home is about 30 miles South of the VA border. [p] If'n you are ever up this way let me know..[p]
  • Hoss's BBQ
    Options
    P1010047.jpg
    <p />Celtic Wolf,
    a pizza from the other day[p]here is last nights dinner: Strip steak DP Cowlick fresh homemade fries, and extremly garlic Aioli.I know DP STT is in the pic yet I used Cow Lick
    dinner.jpg