Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1 lb. of salmon

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Please don't laugh, have 1 lb. of salmon to cook. Because it's such a small amount would you please advise me on how to do it.
Thanks,
New Bob

Comments

• New Bob,If you haven't tried salmon smoked with Alder wood, I would highly recommend it. It is my favorite meal. I just use a little lemon pepper on each side with a little spray of lemon flovored Pam. Soak the wood chips so they smolder and produce a good smoke. I like to cook it low (200-225 dome temp. If you have a one pound filet, it should take 20 minutes or so. I like to flip it once during the process. Alder wood and Salmon, a match made in heaven.

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    GMan,
    Thank you, I will give it a try this evening. Maybe I will try it on my new mini.
    Thanks,
    New Bob

• Dec
    Dec Posts: 70
    Options
    New Bob ,[p]You can also coat with olive oil, add some paprika, fresh ground pepper, ground sea salt, and dill. I sometimes add brown sugar, garlic, and lemon pepper. [p]Dec

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    New Bob,
    We like it marinted in Teriaki for a couple of hours and then cooked with Alder chips at 225 for about 20 mins.
    Yummy Yummy!
    B D