Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Humble Chicken Kabob

Options
BabyBoomBBQ
BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Decided to have a light dinner so chicken Kabobs with red onion and green pepper it was. I cut chicken breast tenders into 1 inch cubes and marinated in 1.5 Tsp finley ground Shakin' The tree, 1/3 c Italian dressing and lemon juice in a food saver canister for 3 hours. Removed, dried, dried, hit with more of the rub and let sit in the fridge for another 90 min. Grilled raised direct at about 375 on cast iron grid and did a 1/2 a$$ed attempt at a glaze toward the end. The cocktails were working by then so I really didn't care. [p]Served with rice pilaf and cesar salad.[p]2007-2-chickkabob.jpg?t=1171820583

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    BabyBoomBBQ,[p]Its not humble if it tastes good. After all, briskets and ribs were once almost throw-away cuts. So your good looking kabob are probably restaraunt fine![p]gdenby

• gdenby,
    When I was little, my mom served flank steak on Sundays because it was the cheapest beef cut and we didn't have money for luxuries. Man, it was good! But word eventully got out and people started to appreciate flank steak (and skirt steak, for that manner). Now it's quite expensive. But still as good as I remember!

• gdenby,[p]Why thanks! I appreciate your positive response. Simple, quick basic stuff can get over looked. Plus, I needed a "grounding" cook before the road trip to Seatle tomorrow.