Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yucatecan Pig In A Pit(Egg)

Options
fyrcat
fyrcat Posts: 41
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We saw Rick Bayless do this recipe on PBS- Slow Roasted Achiote Pork in Banana leaves or Yucatan Pig(whole) in a pit. I thought,wow the Egg mimics his pit -so last nite tried it on a smaller scale.It is kind of a Mexican style pulled Pork-however it is steamed, not roasted. I used a pork leg,next time I will try a shoulder. Achiote paste pureed with lime juice,placed on the roast and put into my dutch oven surrounded by banana leaves. I slow roasted it at 250-300 for 6 hours. Served it with side of guacomole,roasted serrano and garlic salsa,pickled red onions,fresh tortillas done on the egg,and chipotle black beans with wilted spinch and masa gnocchi. It was great!!!!![p]P2150070.jpgP2150070-1.jpgP2150072-1.jpgP2150071-1.jpgP2150075.jpgP2150076.jpg

Comments