Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last BGE meal for 10 days-what would you have?

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm leaving for Jacksonville, Florida Monday morning and will have to endure gas fired steaks, no ribs, and take out food. Iv'e decided to have steaks Saturday, babybacks on Sunday and taking 7 lbs of jerky with me for my trip. These are my favorites but 10 days is a long time. I will check in every now and then. The only positive is that we might be stopping by the store in Atlanta.[p]CWM

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    minicook.jpg
    <p />Car Wash Mike,
    Stop in Atlanta on your way and buy a mini,these pictures were taken in flordia last summer,we had a great time and ate good too.[p]Larry

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]I would eat the best that I can make for me and mine prior to the trip.[p]A road trip is a good thing. You get to eat the offerings of others and asking for the recipes, techniques, ect. can afford some great insight.[p]You may not be cooking, but you may be cooking better - later.[p]Spin
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    YB, I have a mini but am hiding it from my wiffy (aka Orio Kid taught me how to do this--almost)just kidding. I forgot all about your shrimp. My brother in law gets some good shrimp. Will go good with steaks in Jax. Thanks for the reminder.[p]CWM
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, In fun, avoid going thru big cities with that jerky, or you might start another riot...:-) Have a safe fun trip. Let us know the longevity of the jerky! :-)
    C~W[p]

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Char-Woody, It's going quick as I just took it off and added more lump and opened the vents for the steaks.[p]CWM
    DISCIPLINE!!!!!!!!! I have none when it comes to jerky.