Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Butts

Options
icemncmth
icemncmth Posts: 1,165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Two butts...and 26.5 hours later..!!!!! This was all done when it was 18 deg outside
with freezing rain..[p][p] [p]123922661-L.jpg

123922645-L.jpg

123923485-L.jpg

Comments

• Fire in the Hole
    Options
    icemncmth,[p]I'm digging it.[p]:)

• Cabdriver
    Options
    icemncmth,
    Beautiful looking! A couple of questions. Having just done a 20 hour butt, where I ran out of heat the last two hours and had to add charcoal, were you able to keep your temp going steady for 26 hours? How much charcoal did you load? What technique did you use to start it? At what temp did you cook? Hope you don't mind the questions, but I was amazed that I made 18 hours -- I'm blown away if you made 26 hours. Secrets, please??

• UGAVET
    UGAVET Posts: 577
    Options
    cabdriver,
    I have had a 26 hour cook before in one load of lump. I fill the egg all the way up to the top of the fire ring and after getting fire started set my platesetter right on top of the lump on the ring. I cook at about 225 grid temp or 250-275 dome temp. I use a guru now so my settings are for grid temp. I dont open the dome with the guru so there is less wasted heat and air getting to the lump to flare up the temp. You should be able to do the same even without the guru with a little practice. I learn stuff everyday here.