Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do I get hotter temps like 500 to 700

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
New at this thanks

Comments

• Ed
    Ed Posts: 123
    Options
    frank,[p]Make sure you have enough charcoal. Directions say an inch above the firebox holes. Try filling to the top of the firebox. Then the usual, make sure you clean the ashes out from under the fire grate and that the holes in the fire grate are not plugged. But most important - enough charcoal.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    What are you cooking?There is not much out there you want to cook above 500.TRX steaks or any other hi temp sears ,you open bottom vent and take off the daisey and let her rip.Then you cook to desired temp.
  • frank ,
    After the fire gets going I use an electric fan aimed into the bottom door. I can get from 300 to 800 in minutes. Tonight I made prime rib. Cooked it at 325 until internal temp of 118, pulled it off and fanned the flames up to 700 for a quick sear.[p]A hair dryer works too.

• Woody54
    Woody54 Posts: 148
    Options
    frank ,[p]make sure the big hole in the side of the firebox is lined up with the bottom vent door. Otherwise it may not have suffiecent air flow