Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza in advance?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just made my first pizza today. Turned out great other than the blackened crust. It took me about 3 hours to prep 2 of wich would be the dough rising anyway. I'm sure I can do it a little quicker, but just how far in advance can you make it. I know you can make the sauce early and refridgerate or freeze, so that is good. Can the dough me made early? can it be frozen?[p]has anybody made pizza and froze it before cooking? I'd like to make a couple to have on a spare of the moment decision. I would put it together and then freeze. Should I do it with raw dough, or bake the crust and then add toppings and freeze?[p]Taz

Comments

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Tazmaniancowboy,[p]You can do it two ways...one is slow down the yeast growth by
    placing the dough in containers and putting it in the fridge..[p]This is how pizza places do it...it also gives the dough a better taste..You can do this a couple days in advanced..[p]The other is mix the dough and freeze it...[p]Then take it out and put it in the fridge a couple of days before you use it...[p]

• LoNOx
    LoNOx Posts: 27
    Options
    Tazmaniancowboy,[p]It can be frozen. The down side of the convenience factor is that a dough such as pizza dough is typically tougher than fresh dough.