Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chuck Roast?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have an inexpensive 4 12 lb. chuck roast. Any suggestions as to the best way to smoke it? Thanks.

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    BamaQue,[p]There are a couple ways to deal with a chuck roast. Either sear it and cook it until done at 300-350 then slice thin for sandwiches or slow cook it to make pulled beef. Maybe others have more ideas, its not the best cut for doing much with.
    I guess you could use it for jerky too.[p]Tim

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    BamaQue,
    I beleive that it was Gfw that had very good results in doing a chuck roast to pulled state.

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    JJ, I agree, chuck makes great Pulled BBQ Beef!

[ul][li]Pulled BBQ Beef[/ul]
  • BamaQue,
    You could do the BGE pot roast thing - Cook low & slow for a couple hours - then wrap in foil with a little marinade for a smoked/pot roast/beef au jus hybrid. Really easy, & really good. Did an English roast that way Feb 19th - reported it on forum & it led to quite a few responses & comments - check the archives - it's all there. Gonna try pulled beef tomorrow with a slab of chuck I got today - will see how it goes. Hi Gretl! - ERIC