Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What's in a name?

Comments

• Newbs,
    Canadian Mike was getting to long to type - started using it on another similar forum (where being Canadian seemed to be in the minority)

• Newbs,[p]Well... I provide guava wood chunks and my name is Greg...I know, not really creative is it?[p]Have you seen the whiz kid that doesn't wear any clothes? He's lurking somewhere here too...
  • Newbs,[p]I make blue cheese and live in the green mountain state. I've had an egg since June '06 and have never been happier.

• mojopin
    mojopin Posts: 200
    Newbs,[p]One of my favorite musicians is Jeff Buckley, jmojopin1 has been my SN for like 10+ years. So it was the easiest thing to come up with on here. I didn't want anyone calling me by any corny childhood nicknames that I've tried to block out![p]-Jill :)
  • BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Newbs,
    I owned a few restaurants that go by the name Baja Fresh. I got out a few years ago. They have not done well. That's hoe I chose Bajatom. I've had my egg for over 10 years. Tom

• Newbs,
    single mother of five 4 boys 1 girl. I think explains it

• Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Newbs,
    My nephews started calling me Uncle Gandolf years ago. Kinda liked it, so use it as a SN.

• Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Newbs,[p]We named the Egg "Dimples" and I'm her "mom" so...
    (It was the best I could come up with.)
    Gwen

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Newbs,
    Well the first name is Bobby and the Q well that just kind of goes with the whole Q thing.[p]Kind of like a play on Barbeque.[p]I like a lot of these other names better. :)

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Dos Huevos,
    Still think you should have gone with Dos Grande Huevos.

• wrobs
    wrobs Posts: 109
    Newbs,
    First name starts with a W.
    Middle name is Robert
    Last name starts with an S.
    ergo, W. Rob S. or wrobs
    Very scientific, I know! LOL
    wrobs aka Robert

• Newbs,[p]no toyotas or trojans for me.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC00535abcdWA.jpg
    <p />Newbs,[p]They’ve just always called me thirdeye... LOL Actually, I’m a third party welding quality inspector so I’m sort of the "eyes" for my clients on various projects.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Newbs,
    RhumAndJerk breaks down like this:
    Rhum is the French spelling for Rum. My last name is French and I enjoy and collect Rum from all over the world.
    Jerk is in reference to Jamaican Jerk Pork. The reason that found the BGE was to make better Jerked meats.
    R&J

• Newbs,
    Took my name from three things I enjoy very much. Bikes can be on-road, off-road, motorized or pedal. Boards for snowboards.

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Newbs,
    Well I guess I'm last. It started with a knickname given to me by the guys at work while in Texas. I owned a karate school and my name is ron, so... When I moved to Louisiana I changed it to ronbeaux.

• Newbs,
    Congratulations! I'll bet this thread has drawn more lurkers out of the woodwork than any I've seen before. Whew! [p]As for me, well, I'm am known for answering many questions by posting a link to my website, and I don't see any reason to make an exception in this case, ROTFLMAO!![p]TNW

[ul][li]How The Whiz Got His Name[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    Newbs,
    I work in a sheet metal shop.....w/metal all day....so......Metalhead out over crazy tin knocker

• Eggin-smurff2.bmp
    <p />I come by mine simply. [p]First initial is S.
    Last name is Murff.
    Love to cook on the Egg.[p]Been called a smurf since the 80s when these little blue guys got their start.[p]

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Reader's Digest version....[p]I got interested in the Egg a few years ago and I really wanted one. I kept mentioning it to my husband, and he wanted to how much they cost & where to get one....etc. I told him that I would get on the Egg forum, and alaskanc (I'll ask and see).[p]After about 1/2 bottle of Crown, WessB finally got it. :)
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Newbs,
    Mine is so easy Pharmacist by day.... Egghead by night. If you can combine great taste and less filling.... then you can combine Pharmacist and Eggist together to get Pharmeggist. LOL[p]Happy Egging, Pharmeggist

• Newbs,
    I live in the small town of Lecanto, Florida and served my community as a banker for almost 10 years before transitioning into financial planning and private banking for one of the bigger named financial services companies.[p]I showed up to a construction site and almost all of the day laborers took off when I got out of a truck wearing a suit. I guess they thought I was a lawyer or bail bondsman, LOL. Anyway, a plumber friend of mine said that I was "just Banker John." The name stuck and became known in our community as Banker John.[p]Like someone said below, it is MUCH better than the nickname I had in grade school![p]Banker John

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Newbs,
    Well lets see,...In association with the egg my name "Clay" refers to unfired earth. In the Department of Western Asiatic Antiquities and Smokers, "terra-cotta" is referred to as "Baked Clay" and therefore "Clay" is entered as the material that is going to be fired up to high temps. Vitrification stuff. I add the Q for BBQ and....it's time for another beer.

• EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    biopic2.jpg
    <p />Newbs,[p]I enjoy watching most all forms of automotive racing. I have attended the 1971 GP of Monaco, 1971 German GP at the Nurburgring, a Craftsman Truck Series race at TMS, a Winston Cup race at TMS and innumerable practice sessions at TMS. In addition I race NASCAR online in a league and design paint schemes for cars and trucks raced online. I bought my egg, it's on wheels, so eggracer was born.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • Woody54
    Woody54 Posts: 148
    Newbs,[p]when my son was on the wrestling team in HS years ago, he wrestled a kid who was apparently quite excited, if you know what I mean, making my son very uncomfortable. When he made the mistake of telling his hockey team mates about it, he immediately got the handle of Woody. So I stole it - the story still makes me laugh 10 years later.
  • AlaskanC,
    i LOVE that story!!! . .. and it didn't take me a 1/2 bottle of crown to figure it out either!! . ..

• Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Newbs, about twenty years ago a young man that was a good friend of my oldest daughter called me Poppasam one day and it stuck. With three daughters the name has carried over through college and now have grandkids that do the same. Have gotten some strange looks when a half dozen kids called me Poppasam at the same time.[p]Always in it "Jus-Fer-Fun"
    Poppasam

• Newbs,
    Got the name from the town of Mayberry on the greatest show thet ever was " The Andy Griffith Show ". So just saying hey to everyone.

• Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Newbs,
    It's the brand of boat that I drive, and My Basscat Sabre is my favorite place to be in the world. On the deck next to my Egg is a very close second : )

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Newbs,
    When I was playing football in Middle School, the first day of practice the coach was calling out the roster. My last name is Jacques pronounced Jake-Weeze. Well, the coach calls out Jake-Squeeze.....the rest is history....

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!