Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yummy! (...and a new toy!)

Rich G
Rich G Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pastrami_12302006.jpg
<p />There's just nothing else to say, but, YUM! :)[p]Actually, not just one toy, but, two. This was my latest batch of pastrami that I sliced on a new (to me) slicer (70's era Oster) that someone gifted to me. The picture was taken with my Nikon D50 that I just got (still need to work on flash settings so it doesn't "wash" out the color....)[p]Toasted up some bread, melted some cheese, added a little mustard....lunch! :)[p]Rich

Comments

• Rich G,
    That's me knocking on your door for a late lunch, WOW!

• Rich G
    Pastrami_12302006_sandwich.jpg
    <p />Here"s the finished product....[p]R
  • Rich G,
    Looks Greaat!!
    Where's the saurkraut??

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Rich G,[p]Nice! On the wash-out - I've found that digitals can do really nice without flash but obviously you'd need a tripod.
  • Rich G
    Haggis,[p]Funny you mention that. Just ordered one of those compact, flexible tripods today. Not just for the food photos that my wife likes to razz me about, but for other macros, family shots on timer, etc. We'll see how that works out, and I'll try your tip of no flash since I have enough natural light.[p]Rich
  • looks fantastic - how was the saltiness ?
    what recipe did you use - i may wan't to give it try as well.

:P that's my tongue hanging out - slurp
  • Rich G,[p]I'm the other guy knocking on your door. Wow, impressive. Can you post the details? That is awesome. Enjoy, AZ
  • Rich G,
    It does look fantastic!!!
    Bobby-FTW,Tx

• Rich G
    AZ Traveler,[p]One of the simpler cooks I've done, and far from my innovation.....[p]1. Buy a package of corned beef brisket at the store (get one with the spices in a packet)
    2. Fill a pot with cold water, remove CB from package, discard spices, soak in cold water.
    3. Prep and heat grill to about 240, use your favorite beef smoke-wood.
    4. Change water in pot every 30 minutes for 1.5 hours.
    5. After 1.5 hours, remove CB from pot, dry thoroughly, and coat with pepper to suit your taste (no salt!)
    6. Place on grill and cook until internal temp is about 190.
    7. Cool, slice thin and serve.[p]As you can see from my sandwich pic, I like to top with swiss, nuke on 50% power for 2-2.5 minutes, then onto toasted bread with mayo and mustard. It's also very good diced up with potatoes for hash in the am.[p]Try one (or three), you'll like it![p]Rich

• Rich G,[p]Thanks for the recipe. I'll be trying it pretty soon. That must be a nice slicer you received. Looks like it did a great job. Hope you enjoy your new camera. I have an older Nikon D70 that I really like. Enjoy, AZ