Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hot Dogs

Options
Flashback Bob
Flashback Bob Posts: 519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After looking at Fishlessman's post below, I was wondering if there are favorite ways to cook dogs on the Egg.[p]I know there's a dozen different ways to cook burgers, are there a myriad of ways to cookdogs as well?[p]I think I can afford Hot Dogs, and I can figure out how to cook them, I'm just asking if anyone has found particularly good ways to go bout it.
Tanks!

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Flashback Bob,
    for me, its kosher dogs (hebrew nationals and/or sabrets are my favorites), cooked in a pan of beer with sour krout, then onto the grill for a couple of minutes, and back to the beer till ready to serve. ...served with the sour kraut and a good deli mustard .. .

• Dixieland Delights
    Options
    Flashback Bob,[p]I use the Hebrew National dogs and smoke them!! I go indirect with peach ar cherry for a couple hours at around 225-250...best hotdog I ever had. I did 60 on three levels a couple months ago for an oyster roast, none left over!! It is the best of all methods...It sweats like it does when it is steamed and you get as much char as you want, the hotter and longer you go the darker the dog. Serve with all the fixin's[p]Dixieland Delights