Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

An awesome brisket

WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
edited 9:38PM in EggHead Forum
DSC00072.JPG
<p />I just added yesterdays brisket cook to the "Cooks" section of my website. This thing was some damn fine eatin.....Enjoy the pics as much as we enjoyed the eats...[p]Wess
[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]

Comments

• WessB,
    Does that ever look great, I would kill for some of those leftovers for a sunday afternoon snack

• AppleApple Posts: 49
    WessB, Now that is a thing of beauty. Competition quality for sure. When is someone going to invent smellavision? Nice job Wess. Steve & julie.
  • ronbeauxronbeaux Posts: 988
    WessB,
    That is a good looking brisket indeed!!

• WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    TheStormyDog,
    LOL...I just did exactly that..barely warmed, but still just as flavorful.[p]Wess

Apple,
    Thanks Steve...I appreciate the comments.[p]Wess

• WardsterWardster Posts: 1,006

Looks great Wess...

Apollo Beach, FL
    ronbeaux,
    Trust me..it tasted way better than it looked.[p]Wess

• WessB, man that looks mighty fine. Glad to see your trip to the Texas last spring is paying off....LOL! tom
  • UGAVETUGAVET Posts: 577
    WessB,
    Dang, Makes me wish i would have thawed that flat i have in the freezer yesterday. Guess i will have to settle for Ribeyes tonite.

• WessB,[p]Great looking meat!!! I'll be checking out your site for recipe.
  • Earl JEarl J Posts: 11
    WessB,
    What cooking temp did you use? It really looks good![p]Earl

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    WessB,
    yummy!!!
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• WessB,[p]This is a great looking hunk of barbeque. Nice job![p]Joe

• CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    WessB,[p]Dang. Very nice. That cow did not die in vain.[p]Cornfed
  • WessB, considering weight and from pic, your brisket appears to be a flat -- right? At what grate temp were you cooking?

• gdenbygdenby Posts: 5,836
    WessB,[p]I'll agree with everyone, that's a fine looking brisket. I'm going to save the image for future reference. But you say it was better tasting than looking. Your site says you made up the injection.Think that might have been why it was so good? Or did everything just work better than usual?[p]gdenby

• WessB,[p]That is one fine piece of work. Darn, what else can one say other than I hope I can get one to come out half that good. Enjoy and thanks for all you additons to the forum. AZ
  • WessB,[p]Was your flat in a cryovac or was it on styrofoam in the case??? I was at costco in Atlanta, asked the butcher for a 'whole brisket in a cryovac', b/c I wanted a packer cut brisket. [p]What he brought me was a flat only, in cryovac, and they charged me 2.79/lb!. The flat had no fatcap, minimal silverskin, minimal fat. I think that they trim off the silverskin and fat, then put in on styrofoam for 3.99/lb.[p]just curious.
    costcoboy,
    at least leave an e mail addy in your response..you are basically invisible by your reply..you post with a name that isnt profiled and you leave no e mail ady asociated withyour post....so for what you have offered...I have replied enough....costcoboy...I dont talk to the non existent[p]Wes

Earl J,
    the website details that explicitly....guess you asked before you looked..go figure

• WessB,[p]Wow, do you give lessons?
    Great job man, two thumbs and two big toes Up![p]Uncle Phil

• Looks good Wess. Great smoke ring.
    What charcoal, chips/chunks did you use?[p]Mike

Michael B,
    I used BGE lump and a couple of chunks of hickory...Thanks..[p]Wess