Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Planked, Salmon, Shrimp and Escargot (lots of pics)

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here is last nights meal, planked salmon, asiago shrimp (new recipe awesome) and Esargot, first time on the egg. Everything turned out great and we had rave reviews about all of the dishes. Will definitely be repeating these. Love my eggs.
IMG_1165.jpg[p]
IMG_1166.jpg[p]
IMG_1168.jpg[p]
IMG_1169.jpg[p]
IMG_1170.jpg

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    TheStormyDog,[p]Wow, the salmon looks great. Would you post cook times and your plank technique? I'm heading out the door right now to go ice fishing and hope to have some trout fillets to do something like that with.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • thirdeye,
    It is pretty easy I grill it direct at 350 until it gets flaky, (usually about 25+ depending on the thickness of the cut) I did the salmon on a bed of oranges with an orange maple sauce that I covered with prior to the cook.

• BOBF
    BOBF Posts: 177
    Options
    TheStormyDog,[p]Can you share the shrimp recipe. I am going to go get the salmon in a bit. I have shrimp stockpiled. That dinner looks awesome.
  • TheStormyDog,
    now that's a seafood bonanza!
    great stuff, mon[p]looks like that salmon plank got a little charred... did you expect that?

• BOBF,
    Check your email and enjoy

• Rick's Tropical Delight.
    Just on the bottom, the top and fish where great, it was also a pretty thin plank I was using.

• BOBF
    BOBF Posts: 177
    Options
    TheStormyDog,[p]Perfect, thanks a lot.

• BigT
    BigT Posts: 385
    Options
    TheStormyDog,[p]That looks really good, Did you cook the asagio shrimp on the salmon, or top it before it went to the table?[p]BigT

• BigT,
    They where two different dishes, the shrimp on one plank over sliced lemons and the Salmon on another plank on a bed of sliced oranges, cooked on two different eggs one with a direct setup the other with an indirect setup.

• BigT
    BigT Posts: 385
    Options
    TheStormyDog,[p]Thanks, I just woke up , no coffee yet ;)[p]BigT

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    TheStormyDog,
    I'd be interested in the shrimp and escargot recipes as well. Looks awesome and calorie free.
    Thanks, Bob

• CeeJay
    CeeJay Posts: 8
    Options
    TheStormyDog,
    It all looks great. I'm always looking for new seafood recipes for the BGE. If you don't mind I would appreciate a copy of the recipes also. Thanks,
    CJ
  • bobbyb,
    Two pretty easy recipes that I kind of improvised on last night for the Shrimp[p]The Shrimp is actually a lot easier then it looks
    In a Frying pan I heated up some EVOO
    added about 3 tablespoons of garlic (we love Garlic) and some red pepper flakes
    added some melted butter, just a few tablespoons, 1/4 cup of parsley and the shrimp, cook for about 3 minutes,
    Then add 1/4 cup of bread crumbs and 1/4 cup of grated asiago cheese,
    put on the lemon covered plank and top with another 1/4 cup of cheese,
    cook indirect at 350 for about 20 minutes.[p]For the Escargot, (serves 4)
    I placed the escargot it a escargot dish,
    covered with a mushroom, stem removed,
    The sauce done on the stove was a 1/2 cup of butter melted,
    1/2 cup of parsley,
    lots of minced garlic
    2 teaspoons of brandy
    salt and pepper to taste,
    once the sauce is done pour on to the escargot, cover with mozzerella cheese,
    egg indirect at 350 for about 20 minutes (can't really overcook these)[p]Serve with bread... lots of bread,

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    TheStormyDog, how much shrimp did you use?

• TheStormyDOg
    Options
    Wise One,
    about 24-30 good size shrimp, just what I had left over in the freezer. And they hadn't been cooked before tails and shells removed...Something else I forgot we squeezed fresh lemon onto the dish after we had cooked it and really was a nice contrast against he cheese.

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    TheStormyDog, it looks like there are 6 escargots in each dish. Is that right or are those just bubbles in the cheese? If there are siz in each dish, did you mix up a separate batch of sauce for each?

• TheStormyDOg
    Options
    Wise One,
    yes there are 6 in each and they actually just came out of a can of escargot that I got at the grocery store, what you see is the mushrooms on top of the escargot though. The sauce was made up altogher first and the recipe I posted was enough for all 4 dishes.
    Good Luck

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    TheStormyDog,
    Thanks for these... I will give them a go!
    Regards, Bob