Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Preparing a great Pork Tenderloin?

Options
Franco
Franco Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cooked some pork tenderloin the other night on the egg that was great. I love everything about pork tenderloin. The cost, taste, leanness, ease of cooking and the various outcomes of taste you can prepare make it a great meat for a fairly quick cook.[p]The other night I cooked it with just original Char Crust all over it. I’ve done it in mustard, vinegar and molasses, as well as many other ways. All were great.[p]All of you are the pro’s so give me your thoughts on how you prepare a great pork tenderloin.[p]Thanks as always,[p]Frank

Comments

• Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    Options
    Franco,
    Go to the "New Recipes" section of this site (or is it "recently submitted"??), and check out the Pork section. Some good ones there, including one I'm personally proud of,
    "Big Murth's Puerco Adobo"---I hope you'll try it and like it. I agree, pork tenderloin may be the best all around piece of meat, especially when you consider cost, tenderness, and the myriad ways you can prepare it, no matter what the cuisine. And the sandwiches, the day after...whoah!

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Big Murth,[p]I just looked at your recipe and I think I'll try it this weekend. I have all of the ingredients on hand (except for the pork tenderloin...which I assume is an integral part of the recipe...). Sounds very good, and Cornfed likes his chicken...and pork...spicy.[p]Java sucks (the programming language, not the coffee),
    Cornfed

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Franco, [p]My favorites are:
    1. Bourbon & brown sugar
    2. Jerk*, lime juice & Myers's rum
    3. Jerk*, orange juice & Myers's rum[p]* Mrs. Dog's Jamaican Jerk Marinade is the house favorite at the Appledog's. Am I breaking the rules here?[p]Bone appetit! JCA

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    J Appledog, Yas ya are, but yer doin is so dang sneaky..:-)
    How is Steve tonight? Oyster appetite back...?? I have some of that AppleDogs Dis Sup Pearing Mustard left..I am going to sample it updown in a pork burger demo soon..Wonder who makes it??
    C~W[p]

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Franco,[p]I can provide a ringing testimonial for all 3 of the suggestions from JAppledog. Jerk, OJ and Rum is my favorite. All are sensational! I also use the "housebrand" products she mentions hehehe. For another twist when you have a little more time, try smoking the tenderloins instead of grilling. About 250* dome until an internal of 145* using cherry chips as firespice. Optionally, pull at 140* internal, crank up your Egg to extreme steak temps and do a 1 minute blast per side to get the grill marks for a great presentation.[p]K~G[p]