Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lobsters

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any suggestions on temp and time to cook lobster tails? Thanks

Comments

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 698
    Crustacean King,
    Check your mail!

• Richard
    Richard,
    The addy just kicked back, do you have another?

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Crustacean King:[p]The following link is to a tired and true grilled lobster recipe. Modify as you like.[p]

[ul][li]Lobster The Houndog Way . . .[/ul]
  • djm5x9
    Richard:[p]Respectfully, instead of announcing you have sent something via e-mail, consider sharing your cooking expertise with the rest of us as well . . . It helps to make this forum work better.[p]Naturally, if you prefer privacy and do not announce that you are sending something via e-mail, no one other than you and the recipient are the wiser . . .
  • Richard
    djm5x9,[p]Great idea, thank you very much! Think I will go into retirement for a new year's resolution. Happy New Year to All.

• djm5x9
    Richard:[p]Retirement is one thing . . .[p]However, deciding not to participate on a forum whose nature is the sharing of technique and recipe success is another . . .[p]Regardless of your decision, Happy New Year to you!

• DTM
    DTM Posts: 127
    Yo djm5x9,
    Thanks for the really good blast from the past....any clue where H~D maybe? Good cook...really good guy. He liked his remotes.
    DTM
    P.S.
    He sent me a big ass box of pecan wood...no pay pal..no anything..just a favor..the good old days

• yah got ta cetchum frst!!! this one's only 5* . i usually split them down the back,remove as many of the guts as possible leaving the entire bug in two 1/2's,lay them flesh side up,melt 1 stick real butter in small sauce pan. squeeze in juice of 2 lemons-NO SEEDS!! 6 cloves raw garlic,4 mushroom caps-1/2 'd them sliced thin.1 tablespoon capers, juice and all.taake off heat let cool abit and stir in 1tsp parmesan- cheese-grated fresh. brush mixtrue lightly on flesh side of bug. place on bge flesh down for 3min. turn and spoon additional mixture over top of bug. cook till the flesh turns snow white in the thickest part of the tail. spoon a little of the sause over pasta, a loaf of crusty french bread, a bottle of dry white wine and that my friend is a meal fit for a king ckeck out my pic i'm my profile, there's a lot of meat in the legs as well..... enjoy!!!!!!! ken
  • oops ! one small detail..... 350-375' direct, usually with a bit of apple or alder chips thrown in for good measure
  • 2dec06_2-003.jpg
    <p />Crustacean King,
    does anyone besides me think it's funny the crustacean king is asking how to cook lobtsa? heheh, sorry, but it's funny![p]time will depend on the size of your tails and whether or not you split them in half. i recommend splitting them so you can see the meat cook and the shell forms a butter boat.
    temp should be somewhere between 300 and 350 and use a raised grid for direct setup or use an indirect setup.[p]this 6 ounce tristan lobtsa tail was done indirect for about 10 minutes or so. pull them when they look tasty.