Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

baked kibbee

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,827
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
100_1218.jpg
<p />kinda like the lebanese version of gyros made with lamb and a tebouleh salad and humas tahini withonions and lebni yogurt spread
100_1219.jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• BBQBluesStringer
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]Looks delicious! I am a big fan of Middle Eastern food. I've often thought of trying lam ajeen on the egg...
  • Flashback Bob
    Options
    fishlessman,
    Wow, great stuff! I love Lebanese cooking but I never learned how.[p]Those lamb kabobs farther down the page look absolutely fantastic!
    Can you expand a little on the marinade you made?

• wobin
    wobin Posts: 211
    Options
    fishlessman,
    Lambs eyes boiled in honey on the egg,mmmmmmmm good.

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    fishlessman,
    Man, that looks good! So now I have on my list of things to do today is make yogurt as I'm almost out. Then I'll need to make flat bread. We have ground lamb in the freezer so I'm good. We found a new butcher shop at Lakeside Poultry and Meats in the Milwaukee Public Market, a downtown European style maretplace. They have prime lamb, locally raised, the best I have seen. I bought thick cut lamb chops and grilled them on Christmas day, outstanding. [p]Thanks for the pic's and inspiration.
    Clay

• fishlessman
    Options
    Flashback Bob,
    lemon juice, olive oil, mint, garlic, and herbs de province a little salt. juice from 2 lemons and an equal amount of olive oil then a few shakes of granulated garlic, a tbl of dried mint and herbs de province. i used rosemary branches as skewers, if i used regular skewers i would have used rosemary in the marinade also. i only marinade lamb for a short time for these as i still want to taste the lamb, and you need to be careful to only cook to medium rare. i cooked raised grill to 120 at 300 dome, took them off and increased the heat, then quickly seared them for color. there was some fresh mint in there as well as i was making the salad. ive eaten a lot of lebaese food, but havent made much, when im looking at recipes i tend to read a lot of them and take them apart and make something that suits my tastes. the ingrediants above went into the salad so i made a marinade with them while i had them out

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    ClayQ,
    the bulgar wheat was the hard thing to find, the stuff i had was a little coarse, should have been finer. little place near me sells the best lebanese yogurt and bakes the pita breads fresh daily, should have asked them about the wheat, didnt think to ask them when i was there as i already had the coarse stuff. that yogurt has a real tang to it, not like the american stuff.

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman,
    because of you i have a frenched lamb rib rack in the ice box! thanks mon![p]

• fishlessman
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,
    ive never had that before, just printed out a few recipes. friend of mine makes a few thousand stuffed grape leaves every summer when the concord grapes on the roadside have the right sized leaves, makes them with an italian sauce which is a bit different, his wifes italian. fills his freezer with different sized packages for company, holidays, trips etc. ive eaten a ton of them on fishing trips, maybe ill make some of those for next summers trip to share. i neeed to make something that he likes so maybe i can get his recipe, hes been aweful stubborn about giving info on how he makes them, they are not traditionally made, they are big like stuffed cabbage, not the tightly rolled grape leave style

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    cant go wrong with that. when i hear that someones says they dont like lamb you gotta think they havent had it prepared right, how can anyone not like it.

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman,
    the rack should make for some good photo ops. i've got some fresh rosemary as well for tomorrow night. [p]today, it's smoked fatties, abt's, and brie wheels with cranberry relish topping for a cocktail party this evening.[p]cheers!

• Flashback Bob
    Options
    fishlessman,
    Thanks,
    That sounds great AND like something I can do!

• Essex County
    Options
    fishlessman,
    Looks great. Reminds me of the raw kibbe they used to serve at Bishop's. Yum.
    Paul

• fishlessman
    Options
    Essex County,
    i havent seen that in a long time. do you think its still served over at the Phoenician where most of the staff went after they closed. how many here would eat spiced raw ground lamb, its very sweet and delicious. i think shadies in methuen will make it for you if you ask. kibbee used to be everywhere when i was a kid, served for breakfast with eggs, and lunch in sandwhiches at the little chicken bbq shacks in lawrence. thats another thing no longer seen is the chicken bbq, pulled chicken with mayo sandwiches.

fukahwee maine

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    fishlessman,
    The tang is an indicator of the real stuff and my wife is not happy if my yogurt doesn't have a good tang to it. A long incubation is the key. You have a great store to shop at with fresh pita and real yogurt. I love that stuff. A quick dipping sauce is made from yogurt, Penzeys Greek Seasoning and some olive oil to smooth it out. Stir it up and rest in the frig for a couple of hours and it's ready.

• Uncle Phil
    Options
    fishlessman,
    As a kid we used to eat raw kibby on bread with a big slice of sweet onion, jud-da-da and grapeleaves. No Big Green Egg, but a lot of love from the kitchen!