Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cooking coordination

Options
UGAVET
UGAVET Posts: 577
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well, i may have bit off more than i can chew. I went to sams yesterday and started thinking about the 2 christmss gatherings i will be attending. My 2 grandmothers are getting older and in past have cooked up the entire christmas meal, but this year both families wanted everyone to bring something so i am cooking a turkey, 2 packer beef briskets, 2 boston butts and 6 racks of ribs. i have got to figure out how to get this done. I have a small, large and luckily and XL. I currently have fatties on the small for christmas presents and 2 brown sugar glazed spiral sliced hams heating up and double smoking on the large right now.

Comments

• BBQBluesStringer
    Options
    Brad,[p]Remember when you were in Vet school and stayed up all night studying for finals? :-)[p]Load the fireboxes up to the fire ring so you don't have to cool down to reload, and plan on having all three eggs running overnight. If the butts are small, you might be able to get them both in the small egg. Turkey in the large, and briskets and ribs in the XL. A grid extender and some rib racks would be a great help there.
  • eggfoot
    eggfoot Posts: 138
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,
    i have had 13lb to 15lbs of butt roast in my small egg and came out good. you have a lot of cooking surface but you have a lot to cook. what time does this have to be done by? i hope you have a couple of bags of charcoal to use. i couldnt believe that when i got my xl that it took 10lb of charcoal to fill it the first time.

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    ugavet,[p] Sounds like you are about to do a Comp.[p]Put the Briskets on the XL for the Overnight. The Two Butts on the Large for the Over night.[p]Pull the Briskets off tomorrow and put the ribs in the XL. Wrap it in foil and stick it in a cooler packed in towels. When you pull the Pork set up the Large for the Turkey.. Foil the Butts and wrap in towels and still them in the cooler with the briskets. Load the cooler in the car and forget it for a while.[p]Use the Small for those ABT's you are going to bring, but haven't told anyone about.[p]
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    ugavet,
    Holy Moly! Good luck! Have a great holliday! -RP