Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NEW EGGER

Options
Fireman
Fireman Posts: 5
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been looking for a "deal" or used egg for a couple of weeks, according to a supplier the eggs went on sale yesterday. A large is 399.00. has anyone ever found one cheaper than that. Also what eggsessories would you get from the start. What is a-must?

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Fire Man, If you can get a "BGE" for that price, nail it and we can fill you in on the accessories later. Grill gripper, Slider/daisy top, and the "new issue" thermometer. If you cannot get a new issue all steel hermetically sealed thermometer..skip it and just get a remote polder until they are available. Best I can do for ya,,and welcome to the forum..
    Char-Woody[p]

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Fire Man,
    $399 is a great price, particularly if it includes some accessories. I would consider a must have list to be a dome thermometer, a slide daisy top and an auto lock hinge. Even if no accessories are included in the $399, it is a god buy.
    JimW

• Mike Oelrich
    Options
    Fire Man,[p] Where is one available for that price? Yesterday there were a couple threads on BGEs being on sale at Williams-Sonoma for $399. Someone called but they were already sold out.[p]MikeO
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Fire Man, 399 is a good price. As for EGGcessories, I would recommend an electric starter, a thermometer, a grate tool (pliers that grab the grate) and something to set the EGG on (a table or Eggmate - make your own table). In addition, the extension grate is a great tool as are a couple of half-thickness firebricks for indirect cooking. A few disposable aluminum pans always come in handy.

• Fireman
    Fireman Posts: 5
    Options
    MikeO,
    drove to Winder Ga, about a hour from Atlanta to check this out. It was for real and I bought a large with SS dampner for 399.00. It is at a place called Hill's ACE Hardware. Their address is 275 Athens Hwy. SW Loganville GA 30052
    Their phone number is 770-466-1911. I got the last one with a SS dampner. Good Luck