Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

great chicken to start the weekend

Options
Chuck
Chuck Posts: 812
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
chicken.jpg
<p />Everything DOES tastes better on an egg. Cooking something as basic as chicken pieces on the egg and they were the best I've ever eaten. I did them for about an hour at 350-400, closed it up tight during any flare-ups, and used Jalapeno-Q-Sauce the last 10 minutes (added some extra jalapenos this time). The chicken was fully done (without the egg I would usually either burn it,under cook it or have to boil it first,a no-no) , moist, almost fall off the bone, and extreemly tasty.[p]Time to brine some fish for smoking. Have a great weekend everyone!!!
[ul][li]Jalapeno Q Sauce[/ul]

Comments

• Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    Options
    Chuck,
    Looks like a great cook and recipe. The sauce sounds superb, but have a question: Can chipotles out of the can be substituted for the jalapenos you smoke, per sauce recipe? If so, should they be rinsed of the usual adobo sauce they're packed in? Thanks!!

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    Big Murth,[p]Although I have not tried the Chipotles in this sauce,yet cause it sounds good, I think it would work well. I wouldn't worry about rinsing the adobo off, but would not overdo it either. I have roasted several types of peppers and put in this sauce, they all seem to work well, they just give a slightly different flavor and or heat to it. I you try it let me know how it comes out.

Chuck

• Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    Options
    Chuck,
    As chipotles, are literally, jalapenos that have been smoked, I just thought they might be the ticket if one wanted to get this recipe put together quick. My question on rinsing the adobo sauce off....had to do with trying to avoid interfering with the flavors of your recipe's other seasonings to create that nice Q-sauce. I will let you know, when I give it a go, bro!!!