Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

All Good Stuff

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did a pit beef sorta the other night, had the glass of wine AFTER I made it, so actually was able to pull it at 130. Stuck it in the fridge overnight and sliced it superthin in the morning. Fed some on a bagel to EliShark who eats roast beef sandwiches for breakfast and is VERY particular on his roast beef. "Hey, this is good," he says! "Made it myself," she says, while humbly pushing a couple tippy toes into the ground. I do want to get more pepper flavor into it, so will add some coarse black pepper into the Dizzy Pig rub next time. But this is a piece of cake.[p]Next good thing was for my book club last night. Did Chipotle/Cherry wingies. I think this is the best bbq sauce I have ever had. Will be great on regular chicken also. I'll post the recipe after I've had lots of coffee. [p]Did some shrimp/mango/bell pepper skewers that had marinated in some good with a guava/lime glaze. They came out very nice, but would have liked the glaze to be thicker so it would stick to the shrimpies a little better. Was hesitant to use any flour or cornstarch or such for fear it would do something weird to the flavor of the shrimp. Is there a good way to thicken a glaze? I'll post the particulars on that also.[p]Today...all the leftover dishes. Kitchen is typoon-ville.[p]mShark

Comments