Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vacation cooking (pics)

Options
ronbeaux
ronbeaux Posts: 988
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's nice to be on vacation and the weather has been real good. Here is tonights dinner. I used two eggs and a gasser to complete.

vacationdaythree003.jpg[p]

King crab legs, tuna steaks, asparagus, and shrimp kabobs with pearl onions and garlic. All in 18 minutes, not counting warm up time for the eggs and gasser. And the prep.

Comments

• ronbeaux,
    crab legs AND shrimp! and tuna![p]i was taking stock of the freezer tonight and i found a rainbow trout (that my dad caught), some shrimp, and a tristan lobster tail. you are making me cook that all up on the egg this weekend![p]and dang those crab legs... i can only get the good ones here for another two weeks so now you are forcing me to get some more.[p]and hey, where's the bread?[p]thanks man

• ronbeaux
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Funny you should ask! I was gonna make some pot pies today using home made pie dough, then I remembered. You need shortening for pie dough and all I had on hand was the stuff to make regular bread dough(flour, yeast, water,salt, sugar, a little oil), which uses no shortening. So I went to plan B and cooked surf and surf. This cook was for my wife. She is tired of manly red meat meals! There are no left overs to throw in the bread this time my friend!!!

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    ronbeaux,
    What kind of taste did the shrimp have. I like a sweet and sour taste.[p]Mike

• ronbeaux
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    You wouldn't have like them then. They were mostely sweet and garlic tasting. Them pearl onions were fabulous! A bit*h to peal though.