Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A cry for help

Options
2»

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Dos Huevos,
    Welcome to my personal he&&. This is the second and last Thanksgiving without an egged turkey.
    If I can just figure out how to tell mom. HMMMMM![p]Mike

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    Dos Huevos,
    I feel you pain. Glad the 17 of us opted for pulled pork!!

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    Dos Huevos,
    One holiday (long ago) I heard that same whine, the relatives were skeptical about at grilled turkey. So that year, I roasted one small (12 lb) turkey on the Egg, and another of comparable size in the oven. And no, I didn't overcook or anyway sabotage the indoor bird. Which one did everyone love and fight over the last peice? You guessed it. And now, mention "turkey" and everyone says, "let Gretl do it on the Egg." Nuff said. Now, I'm off to buy a 20 pounder, I'll have the butcher cut out the backbone so I can butterfly it on the Egg and make some gravy from the backbone and some extra pieces. Happy Thanksgiving. G.

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Dos Huevos,
    dude, grow a mansack. try some stones on for size.[p]tell them they'll eat what you cook, and to quit questioning the man of the house.[p]see if you have any more luck than i did, which was 'none'

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante