Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Slow Cooked Pork Tenderloin

Options
egret
egret Posts: 4,170
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone ever done this? I always cook mine direct at about 400 on a raised grid. Thinking of trying them indirect about 275.......

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    egret,[p]Not a lot of fat in a tenderloin I would think it might dry out if you cook at 275º by the time it comes up to temperature. my 2 cents worth
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Sundown,
    Yeah, I was thinkin' that too. Just wondered if anyone had tried this with good success. Thanks for the response......

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    Sundown,
    275°F won't do no harm for such a small piece, regardless of how lean it is. If you want some intense smoke flavor, that reduction in direct heat will get it done. So long as you aim for 140-150 internal finish (pull earlier if using high heat to allow for residual temp climb), it's a fool-proof cook.
    Pork tenderloin, like pork loin roast, is full use, full flavor and top return on the dollar, IMO, regardless of whether you sear it hard, or smoke it slow (but not too slow). It'll take on all the different smoke profiles or flavor seasonings you wanna throw at it. A great palette with which to express yourself......
    Qfan

• Nessmuk
    Nessmuk Posts: 251
    Options
    Sundown,
    I cook at least one pork tenderloin each time I fill the grill. I spritz once a hour with 1 bottle of olive oil & the other with apple juice. Never had one dry out.[p]I cook @ 225 to 250 whereever I can stablize the temp.

• jbh
    jbh Posts: 23
    Options
    Inject it with something. I use Mojo, Peach Schnapps or whatever else is interesting at the time.