Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Free $34.95 Penzey's Spice Box

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    edited April 2018
    Options
    ^^^ Many of those points have been in work over the last 7, 8 years.  Some of them aren't true at all (#5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20).  
    Cadet Bonespur can take credit for 10, 16 (which is a bad thing), and we'll see about #15.  
    You need to quit watching Faux News, Brietbart, and/or InfoWars.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    iCurevegans said   13. Respect for America around the world heightened (we have a backbone again) 
    Kinda like the way when Trump went to China they had people lining the roads to greet him, Xi had his own granddaughter sing to Trump, they took Trump to the Forbidden City, and when Obama went to China they refused to provide the ramp, so Obama had to come out of the ass of the plane.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/04/barack-obama-deliberately-snubbed-by-chinese-in-chaotic-arrival-at-g20
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    edited April 2018
    Options
    So you’re proud of Trump’s being honored by a dictator. Cool story bro’. I’m more interested in what our allies think of him. Trump couldn’t even travel to GB because they were afraid of the PR hit from giant protests. 
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options

GrillSgt said:
    So your proud of Trump’s being honored by a dictator. Cool story bro’. I’m more interested in what our allies think of him. Trump couldn’t even travel to GB because they were afraid of the PR hit from giant protests. 

Let's see if the lefties that always make fun of someone on the right who does not know how to properly use contractions make fun of you. I doubt it.
    And yes, I like the fact that a powerful country like China now has some respect for our President.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Buddy James was leading worship today on guitar and vocals, invited us out.  Right off the bat, Assistant Pastor came up for a warm introduction, gave us each a $10 CF GC!

I heart CF.  :)

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• iCurevegans
    Options
    Botch said:
    ^^^ Many of those points have been in work over the last 7, 8 years.  Some of them aren't true at all (#5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20).  
    Cadet Bonespur can take credit for 10, 16 (which is a bad thing), and we'll see about #15.  
    You need to quit watching Faux News, Brietbart, and/or InfoWars.  
    Botch, I'm still waiting for an answer to my question.  Not an insult or an assumption.  I didn't accuse you or anyone else of watching/reading a different propaganda machine of the left.  If lower taxes are a bad (if that is what you meant), I'll take the difference and invest it wisely.  
    "They may look like gentle, fruit-eating monkeys, but I'm pretty convinced one of these things is gonna suddenly land on my head and start humping my earhole with his sharp, furry penis, so I'm little uncomfortable."
    -Anthony Bourdain

Zionsville, IN
    LBGE, MM
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options

You guys can post all you want and nothing will change, just words posted here and have no chance to make change. The best any of you can hope for is to piss each other off for sharing how you feel about politics and religion. It all changes every 4 or 8 years. No matter how the election ends up many will be happy and feel that the world is wonderful, many will feel as though the world has gone to hell. Some day hopefully someone will be able to prove to all of us just what religious belief / group is going to heaven.  Peace to all. 

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• iCurevegans
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    So you’re proud of Trump’s being honored by a dictator. Cool story bro’. I’m more interested in what our allies think of him. Trump couldn’t even travel to GB because they were afraid of the PR hit from giant protests. 
    The thinking of two of our allies seemed clear when they supported a little mission in Syria the other night.  
    "They may look like gentle, fruit-eating monkeys, but I'm pretty convinced one of these things is gonna suddenly land on my head and start humping my earhole with his sharp, furry penis, so I'm little uncomfortable."
    -Anthony Bourdain

Zionsville, IN
    LBGE, MM
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options

You guys can post all you want and nothing will change, just words posted here and have no chance to make change. The best any of you can hope for is to piss each other off for sharing how you feel about politics and religion. It all changes every 4 or 8 years. No matter how the election ends up many will be happy and feel that the world is wonderful, many will feel as though the world has gone to hell. Some day hopefully someone will be able to prove to all of us just what religious belief / group is going to heaven.  Peace to all. 

Yep, ‘zactly.  
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I wish people were forced to list three things they dislike about their own party / candidate before bashing the other guy.  Fighting strictly along party lines seems like nothing more than a pi$$ing match.  A good way to lose friends.

Besides - voting has already happened.  As always, history will be the accurate judge of all presidents.  

Phoenix 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    They do make a delicious sandwich.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,352
    Options

Oooh, oooh, I know the answer to this one - Heaven doesn't exist so the correct answer is...ZERO.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,127
    Options
    Where is the home button?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    blasting said:

I wish people were forced to list three things they dislike about their own party / candidate before bashing the other guy.  Fighting strictly along party lines seems like nothing more than a pi$$ing match.  A good way to lose friends.

Besides - voting has already happened.  As always, history will be the accurate judge of all presidents.  

Lifelong Republican here. I think I've pointed out sketchy stuff about every President since Clinton (first one I was old enough to observe and take note of), this current President just provides so much more material. Blind allegiance to an individual is a scary thing. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    EHF Community - 

I fully respect the various views and political leanings of everyone. 

I'd love for someone to describe something the President has actually DONE to me, you, or any American Citizen that has hurt them.  

No hurt feelings, emotions, or judgements - - I am looking for undeniable actions that have caused harm.    

Here is a list of accomplishments that likely helped me, you and every other American Citizen.  

1.    2.2 million new jobs created

2.    86 stock market highs

3.    4.1% unemployment – lowest in 17 years

4.    Economic growth has reached 3.3% this year

5.    $5 trillion in economic growth in 2017

6.    Consumer confidence at 17 year high

7.    African American home ownership highest ever

8.    Hundreds of job killing regulations repealed

9.    Border Patrol arrests at a 45 year low

10. NATO countries contributing more to defense

11. 16,000 manufacturing jobs added per month

12. Bad trade deals canceled

13. Respect for America around the world heightened (we have a backbone again)

14. ISIS decimated and driven out of Iraq

15. China cooperating with the US on North Korea sanctions

16. Taxes lowered for businesses and individuals

17. Military strengthened and rebuilt

18. Veterans protected from unaccountable workers

19. Cabinet members picked with real world experience

20. 80 bill signed – more than any president in 1st year

Why isn't there a "Huh?" button?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    caliking said:
    EHF Community - 

I fully respect the various views and political leanings of everyone. 

I'd love for someone to describe something the President has actually DONE to me, you, or any American Citizen that has hurt them.  

No hurt feelings, emotions, or judgements - - I am looking for undeniable actions that have caused harm.    

Here is a list of accomplishments that likely helped me, you and every other American Citizen.  

1.    2.2 million new jobs created

2.    86 stock market highs

3.    4.1% unemployment – lowest in 17 years

4.    Economic growth has reached 3.3% this year

5.    $5 trillion in economic growth in 2017

6.    Consumer confidence at 17 year high

7.    African American home ownership highest ever

8.    Hundreds of job killing regulations repealed

9.    Border Patrol arrests at a 45 year low

10. NATO countries contributing more to defense

11. 16,000 manufacturing jobs added per month

12. Bad trade deals canceled

13. Respect for America around the world heightened (we have a backbone again)

14. ISIS decimated and driven out of Iraq

15. China cooperating with the US on North Korea sanctions

16. Taxes lowered for businesses and individuals

17. Military strengthened and rebuilt

18. Veterans protected from unaccountable workers

19. Cabinet members picked with real world experience

20. 80 bill signed – more than any president in 1st year

Why isn't there a "Huh?" button?

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Just have to laugh at “cabinet members picked with real world experience.”  What else can you do?  I suppose Carson’s real world experience as a brain surgeon is what qualified him to order $30k office furniture for his HUD office.  
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Just have to laugh at “cabinet members picked with real world experience.”  What else can you do?  I suppose Carson’s real world experience as a brain surgeon is what qualified him to order $30k office furniture for his HUD office.  
    @JohnInCarolina I didn’t think you were going to participate in these type of discussions? 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    @JohnInCarolina I didn’t think you were going to participate in these type of discussions? 
    Hey man, if your favorite President can lie without repercussions, why can’t I?  ;)
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    Hey man, if your favorite President can lie without repercussions, why can’t I?  ;)
    Ok valid point. I’ll give you a pass this time. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited April 2018
    Options
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    This spice deal expires at the end of today.   Looking forward to some serious debate before it vanishes.  Put on your diapers.  I'll be free around 2300 CST
    Options
    @nolaegghead - Have you got a topic queued up once this expires, either by time or buffalo??  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    Because you're leading the youth of this nation and therefore should be held to a higher standard..  :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    Because you're leading the youth of this nation and therefore should be held to a higher standard..  :)
    Heh.  Fair enough.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    The youth he works with have already achieved a higher standard.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GATraveller
    Options
    DMW said:
    g8golfer said:
    The youth he works with have already achieved a higher standard.
    Academically. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    $500 Around The World?