Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bad News for All the Egg Family

Comments

• YB,His family and the egg family have lost a great one, Kenny rip
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    WessB,[p]More memories....from "After Eggtoberfest Party 06."
    [ul][li]JW, KennyG, YB[/ul]
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    YB,
    Such sad news. A set of cheers for him.

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    YB,
    Larry, the pic doesn`t work for me at this time..most likely on my end[p]Luv ya brother.............[p]Wess

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    ap15.jpg
    <p />YB,
    I remember vividly the last time I spoke to him at last years Eggtoberfest afterparty..Wess B was kind enough to get a shot of it.
    Had some great conversations with the man. I good man indeed. He will be missed.
    ST

• YB,
    i'm another one that always enjoyed a conversation (and a cup of chili) with kenny...i'm really sorry to hear this news. . .

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    YB, this is truly a shock. I met Kenny at my first Eggtoberfest (#3 in 2000) and really enjoyed knowing him. I guess I'll have to go buy a six pack of PBR in his memory. A quality person, I'll miss him. Bill

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    YB,
    I did not know Kenny but read his postings many times over the last 10 years. His chili recipe was one of the first ones I copied and tried on my egg. He will be missed. I guess I need to get to one of these eggfests so I can meet some of the regulars in person. Hug a family member today. You just never know. Topm

• YB, What a terrible thing...I was thinking he was THE ORIGINAL, the first individual to suggest an "Eggfest" gathering which BIGGREENEGG so generously supported from day one. He was a nice guy. I enjoyed visiting with him at the old Eggtoberfests. We will miss him....

• YB,
    Don and I met you and Kaye and Kenny G in the line to enter the meet and greet this year. We chatted a long while in line and on the bus going over. We are so glad that we had the opportunity to meet him. With have both read his posts for the past 1 1/2 years, he has shared a lot of wonderful info with us. Our prayers go out to his family! His chili recipe is the one thing were waiting on to be posted after we got home. If everything he cooked was as good as his chili he was a tremendous cook. I know that we will enjoy his recipe.

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    KeennyG.JPG
    <p />Larry:[p]It simply shows that we should treasure what little time we have to spend with folks we enjoy. I am thankful that I had an opportunity to spend some time with Kenny last weekend. Always bright-eyed and bushy tailed; always sharing a friendly smile. That is my memory of Kenny.[p]This picture is from last year. Bless you Kenny, thank you for sharing your chili recipe!
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    YB,
    Dammit! That is terrible. I was at the store this morning and for some unknown reason, grabbed a 12 pack of PBR...[p]Cheers to you Kenny!

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    YB,
    Thank you for sharing the information. It is hard to swallow as I just saw him a week ago. I am sure there will be many great cooks in the sky. I feel lucky to have met him. [p]-Kevin

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    That is very sad news...I did not know Kenny personally but I sure did enjoy his posts on the BBQ Forum as well as here. One of my favorites was the friendly exchanges regarding the 5 hour brisket. I will remember him as being quick with the compliments and long with the good advice. He will surely be missed. [p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    YB,[p]Sad, very sad. He impacted a lot of people here on the forum with his friendly and helpful advice.[p]mShark
  • Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    This news quite the shock. I'm going to hoist a cold one in Kenny's honor; I hope others will do the same. He's a good guy. [p]Larry and Kaye, thanks for passing this sad news along.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    YB,
    i knew him only by his reputation here on the board....[p]but the fact that i'll miss him is proof as to just how wacky this whole "egg-family" thing really is. newbies take note. it's the individual personalities that move this whole thing forward and make it/us what it is.[p]let me suggest that the only positive we might find in this right now is that in the very least it reminds us that this ship of fools comprises many differing folks with many similar appreciations, and we should be thankful for stumbling upon this little corner of the world (and thankful for the folks we've met, literally or virtually)... and there can't be anything bad in that.[p]personally, i might pick fights every now and then, or tease a bit too much, but as we say in my family, you only give grief to those folks you are family with, or consider friends.[p]it's always too late to say anything, so pardon me for saying this now, when i'm spurred to action by this bit of a shock.... i'm grateful to 'know' each and every one of you fellow passengers on this ship of fools.[p](yep, even you, the one who thinks i'm always pickin on you. that's what we do in our family. that's how we show you that we like you...)[p]rest in peace, kenny. and to the rest of you, though we'll likely never meet, i'll be happy to shake your hand and share a beverage if i'm ever so lucky .[p]Jeff
    (stike)

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • YB,
    Dang,
    I did not know him but gave him two thumbs up on his chili at eggtoberfest. He must have been a nice guy as bad things happen to good people.

• YB, I have been struggling with this since you called me this morning. Kenny practically invented egglife as we know it. He was there from the very beginning. Advice, council, jokes, you name it. Julie and I cooked with him many times, traveled with him many times, lodged with him many times and shared your home with him just last week. This loss is beyond words. May heaven have better BBQ from this day forward. Steve.

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    A dark day indeed. Kenny was truly like family to me. Although we didn't get to see much of each other, when we did, it was like we could talk forever. Thank you for the call, Larry. I might have missed the news otherwise. Mary and I send our thoughts and prayers out to his family and everyone he touched.[p]Jim & Mary
  • mojopin
    mojopin Posts: 200
    YB,[p]I didn't know him personally, my bf met him at Eggfest last week. Both of us are shocked... I still have goosebumps. This is a huge loss to the BGE forum, but his memories will live on with all his great recipes and advice that I've collected in my time here. [p]My deepest sympathies go out to his family.[p]-Jill
  • ChuckGGa
    ChuckGGa Posts: 115
    YB,
    His chili recipe was enjoyed by 14 of my closest friends - just this weekend... I met him at Eggtoberfest - This is sad.
    My thoughts and prayers to his family.
    Chuck

8 Green Eggs...I have a problem, ha ha!   1-XL; 2-L, 2-Med; 2-Sm; 1-Mini.       

• YB,
    our condolences to his family.[p]a death in the 'family' is never good news.
    moreso when we care about the folks involved.[p]best, HS

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    YB,[p]I never met him but like a lot of people on this list I feel I knew him..[p]He will be missed
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    YB,[p]I am so saddened to hear this news. [p]I'm glad I had the privilege of sharing his company at several Eggtoberfersts. [p]He will be greatly missed![p]WMK
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    YB,
    I just had the pleasure this past weekend as well. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.[p]Mike

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    YB,
    Terrible news. At last years fest I had a couple nice chats with Ken about Egging the forum and the "good ole days" when the forum was smaller and JJ and Charwoody were around posting. Didn't get to talk to him much this year I'm sad to say other than connecting for the paprika hook up. A supper great guy and he will be missed.[p]Dennis

• YB,
    That IS terrible. God Bless his family and may he keep on Egging in Heaven![p]Bob

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    YB, please e.mail me at bbq-dude@mchsi.com. Kenny Gadja was a real friend, and one you could count on to be there.
    I am sure that all that knew him, knew a kind, gentle man who would give you his best.
    God bless him and my sympathy to his family and friends.
    Fred aka Char-Woody[p]

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Spin, Kenny along with you, JJ, YB and a few others was one of the first people I met at EGGtoberfest 2000. I miss your postings as well. Hope all is going well for you and Sue.