Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A big congradulation to at the BGE teams at the Jack

Options
Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The BGE teams did graet! Both Dizzy Pig teams (US and Canada) as well as The Grilling Room BBQ Team (Squeeze from the forum).[p]Chicken
6) Dizzy Pig BBQ - USA
14) Dizzy Pig BBQ – Canada
46) The Grilling Room BBQ Team[p]Ribs
15) The Grilling Room BBQ Team
16) Dizzy Pig BBQ – USA
56) Dizzy Pig BBQ - Canada[p]Pork
10) Dizzy Pig BBQ – Canada
37) The Grilling Room BBQ Team
58) Dizzy Pig BBQ – USA[p]Brisket
5) Dizzy Pig BBQ - Canada
23) Dizzy Pig BBQ – USA
54) The Grilling Room BBQ Team[p]Sauce
4) Dizzy Pig BBQ – USA
21) Dizzy Pig BBQ Canada
38) The Grilling Room BBQ Team

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    Smokey,
    great job!!! spreading the word we already know

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Smokey,
    Yea! Our boys are the greatest!

• Why1504
    Why1504 Posts: 277
    Options
    BENTE,[p]I was lucky enough to spend the last 2 days with the Grilling Room Team. I got to taste all of their entries and let me tell you, they were at a level I had never tasted. It is hard for me to believe these other teams entries were any better than what Tony, Kevin, and the rest of the Grilling Room team prepared. I will also tell you that their operation in Florence AL is top notch. I pass several BGE dealers to buy from The Grilling Room. Their performance at the Jack only proves that they represent the Cream of the Crop with regard to the BGE Dealer network.[p]Oh yea, if you have never been to Lynchburg TN and seen the Jack you need to make the trip. All the big names were there Myron Mixon, Mike Davis, Byron Chism, Ray Lampie, etc. I also saw Ray and Lee Ann Whippen from the BBQ Championship Series talking at the I Know Jack Contest (Iron Chef). All the competitors here were cooking on te BGE.[p]What a great weekend.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    Why1504,
    i have never been to any competetions other than the one my friend rick and i challenged each other im mashed potato's but would like to go to one but i travel for a living so the weekend means HOME & EGG. would like to go to lynchburg see the distillery maybe i can do that next year kinda kill two birds with one stone sorta speak:~)
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Smokey
    Options
    Why1504,[p]You are one luckey dog![p]I'm torn between "Mephis in May" and "The Jack" and "The Royal". So many good competitions and just not enough time! [p]Hope to compete and judge in a few more next season than the past one![p]Smokey
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Smokey, those scores should have ranked Chris pretty well in the overall. Any idea how he turned out?

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    Smokey,
    The Grilling Room also took 4th in Dessert. We had a great time, met some wonderful people and learned a lot. Congrats to Scottie of Cancer Sucks Chicago who won. And thank you to the Big Green Egg for all of the support this year. We look forward to bigger and better things next year.

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Why1504
    Options
    Smokey,[p]Don't I know I am a lucky dog. I brough all my camera equiptment and shot about 100 frames for Tony to show appreciation I also brought him 2 thermos's of coffee I roasted (yes I am hard core on coffee as well as Q)to get them going after the competators dinner the night before (DON'T ASK I WON'T TELL OR SHARE THE PHOTOS)!! They are for the Grilling Room only. [p]Lucky does not do it justice. It qualifies as once in a life time experience.
  • Why1504
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]Thanks for everything. Got 2 cd's of pics for you guys. [p]Hank
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    Hank, Thank you. It was great getting to meet you and hang out, even with all the chaos of turn-ins. We hope you had a great time and that we can do it again next year. Thanks![p]-Kevin
    Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Smokey
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]Didn't see the desert score. Way to go![p]I heard it was wet, but it sounds like it didn't slow you down a bit!![p]Smokey!
  • Smokey
    Options
    Why1504,[p]I'd be interested in learning more about the coffee. [p]Sounds very interesting and good![p]Smokey
  • Why1504
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]Thanks Man. Just how the hell dod I miss that Harvey Walbanger cake at Eggtoberfest?????[p]This weekend was a highlight for my year. [p]See you soon.
  • Why1504
    Options
    Smokey,[p]Check out www.sweetmarias.com for green coffee beans and roasters. Opinions vary but I suggest you skip the popcorn popper and go with a pure coffee roaster. It is addictive. No tannins, very smooth. Check out as many beans as you care. I have my own blend I have been doing for 4-5 years. Everyone kills for it. BTW I have the Hot Top roaster letting me yeild about 1/2 pound from every load.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Yo Bill
    We did improve quite a bit over last year to a 26th overall. DP North was an impressive 23rd.[p]If our pork would have scored as well as this year's average for us, we would have been 3rd overall. That's competiton BBQ though! LOL[p]Cheers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ