Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini BGE

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am rather new in using the Large BGE. What are the advantages in also having a mini BGE? What foods would best on the mini and what foods would be better on the Large BGE How about smoking? Speed in cooking?, etc. I would appreciate comments from those who have had experience in using the two sizes.

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Alamo Golfer (Frank Dilling),
    The mini egg is a great little cooker and will get really hot.I got mine to travel with because it only weights 35#.Here is a slide show of the mini cooking at the lake.
    Larry

[ul][li]Mini Egg at the Lake[/ul]
  • Kelly Keefe
    Options
    Alamo Golfer (Frank Dilling),[p]I have both. Got the Mini for two reasons. The first was the wife was traveling at lot at the time and I didn't want to fire up the large for just me. (The second reason was because I got it for a steal.)[p]The Mini's an outstanding GRILL. You can do low and slows on it but it ain't easy. I use mine primarily for grilling steaks, burgers, brats, etc. It's great, but a better combo would probably be a Large and a Small.[p](2 cents deposited)[p]Kelly
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Alamo Golfer (Frank Dilling), Larry and Kelly are absolutely right. The Mini is a great little cooker to carry along with you. I use mine at home to cook for the two of us but I also take it along on some trips where I just need a cooker. It is also a great tailgate companion. If I was not planning to carry it anywhere much, I'd opt for the small.

• An Egg Downunder
    Options
    Thanks YB, Great pics and they really tell a story. The mini can certainly handle more meat than I thought possible just by looking at other photos.[p]But I still think I would go for a small - that is if we ever see new BGEs again in Australia.

• Big Daddy - OCT
    Options
    An Egg Downunder,
    Last time I looked, my local "dealer" had a mini for $195. I guess it's time I pay him a visit. I'll wait for the spring Oklahoma eggfest to buy my large.

[ul][li]Orange Country Tailgaters[/ul]