Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig products question

Options
FSUScotsman
FSUScotsman Posts: 754
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've read the different product descriptions on the DP website, but I want a couple of opinions from the Eggers here. What are the hot ones, mild ones, salty, etc.

I like my food on the spicy side but what I call spicy and what someone else does is subjective. I just don't find the DP site to be super descriptive. For instance both Jamaican Firewalk and Swamp Venom are both described as spicy, but which has more heat? Which has more flavor.

Any help would be appreciated, then I can place my order!!!

Comments

• GHEgger
    Options
    For spicy/heat, the Jamaican Firewalk wins. Hands down. Swamp Venom has some heat, but it is not "hot" IMHO. The JF has a little jerk flair to it, and tastes completely different than the SV. Each is very good in its own way.

For pure flavor, I really like the Raging River and the Tsunami Spin. You can use them on ANYTHING. Dizzy Dust (I like the coarse grind) is also very tasty. Finally, don't overlook the new additions: Shakin' the Tree (mild rub w/citrus tones) and Raisin' the Steaks (very coarse steak rub). Geez, I sound like a Dizzy Pig commercial....... ;)

All DP rubs I have tried are fantastic. You can't go wrong. Chris will also send some samples of the rubs you don't order. Just send them a little note with your order. Last thing: order two bottles of the RR and TS - you'll go through them fast!
  • FSUScotsman
    Options
    GREAT!! Thanks for your help. I'm LOVE my wings and having them this way instead of fried is like being on a diet and not having to suffer!!! :laugh: