Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

you morons are cooking your burgers wrong

Options

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,851
    Options
    I may try that tonight. Thanks. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Not a bad burger...you can do this on a Black Stone.

http://m.thesqueezeinn.com/
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    I've laid awake many a night trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong when grilling cheeseburgers. Hopefully this will put an end to it! :s
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    There ain't enough time or space here to go into all the things I am doing wrong.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    If I had a dollar......

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,818
    Options
    just as a side, my dads been hearing this on the radio all week and pretty much demanded they get made this way at camp this weekend =)   ive been telling him the cheese will go on the bottom, stuff on top =) i guess this is why we drink
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Wars have been started over less.  Wait, no they haven't, but there's still time.
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Back somewhere around 1964, I had a cheeseburger in Grand Central Station in NYC where they put cheese on both halves of the bun and melted them with something like a broiler, then put the patty on the bun and served it.  Those were MUCH simpler days, and burgers were very much simpler, and I was completely wowed by how exotic and special and wonderful it was having a cheeseburger with cheese on both sides of the burger.  Almost seems a little sad, looking back, how simple a pleasure could have seemed so wonderful at the time.  :)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I dunno, man.  That method sounds un-American to me....
    Options
    Theophan said:
    Back somewhere around 1964, I had a cheeseburger in Grand Central Station in NYC where they put cheese on both halves of the bun and melted them with something like a broiler, then put the patty on the bun and served it.  Those were MUCH simpler days, and burgers were very much simpler, and I was completely wowed by how exotic and special and wonderful it was having a cheeseburger with cheese on both sides of the burger.  Almost seems a little sad, looking back, how simple a pleasure could have seemed so wonderful at the time.  :)
    Some of the best times of my life were sitting at the oyster bar there, consuming as many oysters, cigs and glasses of wine as humanly possible in one afternoon.
  • Foghorn
    edited August 2017
    Options
    A lot of us are married.  We know to answer to "moron".

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SandyHookEgger
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    And that's when they're happy with you.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    And that's when they're happy with you.
    Yes.  It's a term of endearment.

San Antonio, TX

• eznosow
    eznosow Posts: 10
    Options
    Even if I accept the premise here (and I'm not sure yet), I don't understand why you wouldn't put the cheese on the bottom bun and then lay the patty on top of that. Wouldn't you get the same effect without having to turn the condiment universe upside down?
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Adequate man is worked up!   Maybe we should call him cocoa the monkey.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Another easy solution is to just make grilled cheese sandwiches and use those for buns. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBh895KdXAU

San Antonio, TX

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    So that moron wants the cheese on the top bun? Where do you put the condiments? If you are worried about your cheese sliding out the sides, then make it with 2 slices of cheese and maybe add some mushrooms as cheese spacers. Done.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    SmokeyPitt said:NJ
    Another easy solution is to just make grilled cheese sandwiches and use those for buns. 

Mind blown.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Going to try this the next time I cook burgers. 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    The moronic part of burger cooking is not cheese-related.  It's when burgers are cooked well done.  gaahhh.
    Options

Chris Thompson and his opinionated self can kiss my ass on this fine Friday night.

Phoenix 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,818
    Options
    went with the simple burger, cheese placed under the burger, cherokee purple tomato slice from the garden on top.  the cheese really was great under the burger as it somewhat sunk into the bunn and everybite popped with the hoffmann supersharp cheese i used. first tomato from the garden didnt hurt this burger at all =) not going with the moronic idea that the toppings all go under the burger
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    blasting said:

Chris Thompson and his opinionated self can kiss my ass on this fine Friday night.

Opinions are like ass holes, so this comment is quite meta. Like an ouroboro!
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    blasting said:

Opinions are like ass holes, so this comment is quite meta. Like an ouroboro!

@Eggcelsior
    For my comment to make sense people would have had had to seen the comment section (which are hilarious).  Otherwise I probably sounded like a dik. 
    Phoenix 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Yes I am a moron. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow