Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

About this brisket theory

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First let me say that I'm no brisket expert. I've got one sitting in the freezer that will be my first.[p]I'm intrigued by the various posts. What I'm wondering though is how much difference is there in cooking time getting to 210 internal vs 200. It seems that with Pork Butts, the time between 190-200 is relatively short,compared with 160 to 170. I've never taken one to 210, but I assume it wouldn't take that much longer. What have you brisket experts found. Is 190 to 200 a shorter trip than 160 to 170?

Comments

• Mike Oelrich
    Options
    Irish Smoker,[p] I'm no brisket expert, either, but something rattling around in the back of my physics brain leaves me a bit leery of the theory, so to speak. I feel the need to do a bit more research on the subject. However, I can concur with your observation that the time interval between 190 and 200 is usually shorter than the interval between 160 and 170.[p]MikeO