Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Joetisserie Porchetta on the BGE (ht Jess Pryles)

Options
jfine1
jfine1 Posts: 87
edited July 2017 in EggHead Forum
Took my Joetisserie out for its second spin today, with a magnificent porchetta recipe I got from Jess Pryles' blog (http://jesspryles.com/pork-belly-porchetta-crispy-skin/).

I followed the recipe pretty much as was, but cooked for two hours at 400 and used a loaf pan to catch the drippings with the coals mounded up on each side (think of the coals in a \_/ shape when constructing the cook). I also sliced off about 5" of the belly to make the length more manageable and to get a more even cook. That piece is going to turn into bacon at a later cook that's for sure. 

I have to say that I am beyond thrilled with my Joetisserie purchase - adds a whole new dimension of how the egg can be used. This was fairly easy to make and a real show stopper for the guests who ate with us. The crunch of the knife cutting through the crackling is something I could listen to over and over again (video on my instagram account is you want to hear it) ....

Comments