Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Monday morning thoughts

Options
hounddog
hounddog Posts: 126
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Project Number 1: Boneless leg of lamb. Prepared by inserting garlic chunks passim and covering meat with olive oil and rosemary. Placed on the fire at around 275 for about two hours. Took it off the fire when it was about 135, wrapped it quickly in foil and put it in a cooler for about 2 hours to travel. It was perfectly done, with medium rare being the theme. I kept a drip pan under the meat and made gravy. My wife hated the gravy, my sister and my mother and I were ready to cut your throat for it. A chacun son gout.[p]Project Number 2: took my first whack at Tanker Tim's wings and was pleased with the result. One question, though. I put about a tablespoon of crushed red pepper in the recipe. The result was not very hot. Is the consensus that one should run the heat up? Or is it more of a sweet wing? I am interested in knowing what the reaction to them is if they bite you.[p]Project Number 3: Did another round of Chef RD's hot wings. I cheated and used Prudhommes breading mix. I didn't notice much difference. Very very good.[p]I did both sets of wings indirect, but I am beginning to think may be better direct. Any thoughts?

Comments