Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Fatties

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cannot remember the time/temp for smoked fatties...can anyone help?[p]Thanks,[p]Jim

Comments

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    jdad2many,
    I really think that it is just about cooking them indirect, until they get to 170 internal. I would not lose sleep over the temp, between 250 and 400.[p]That said here is a link to a page with a lot of details.

[ul][li]Fatties[/ul]
  • Kelly Keefe
    Options
    jdad2many,
    Indirect at 225-250°. Pull at internal temp of 150° if you plan on eating them later so you can reheat. 170° if eaten immdediately. The last one I did took 3 hours at 225° to hit 150°.[p]Kelly

• jdad2many,[p] Pretty flexible ! I just did a pretty good one at 350*F, INDIRECT (platesetter & drip pan), for 1 hour and 170*F internal.[p]Tom B (EggSport)[p]
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    jdad2many,[p]Actually, the temp can vary quite a bit I like to cook them lower and longer to develop a more smoke flavor. The store-bought ones are very dense and the longer times seem to help them. I think 350° or so is about as high as I have ever done them. So really, anytime you are cooking something, you can toss on a couple of fatties (for now or later).[p]More important than the cooking temp is wrapping in foil and resting for about an hour. [p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery