Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What to do with an eggplant

Options
ArvadaMan
ArvadaMan Posts: 260
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have received two white eggplants from a friend. I normally do not cook eggplant. Any suggestions on how to egg them? Grilled eggplant parmesan? Straight out grilled?

Comments

• Popsicle
    Options
    Not familar with white but the regular purple ones I just slice about 3/8 inch thick, coat with Italian dressing and put on 500 degree direct. Turn once and put parmasan while side 2 is cooking. Works great for me and folks seem to enjoy. Good luck. Pop
    Willis Tx.
  • Popsicle
    Options
    Arvadaman,I posted a reply on the Net side. Guess it didn't make it to the Com. Pop

Willis Tx.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Arvadaman,[p]How about Big Green Eggplant Parmesan? Follow the link.[p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]Click Here[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Arvadaman,
    Oil it up with a high temp oil (canola, peanut, etc.), prick the skin and wrap it in foil. Peel a large onion, oil it and wrap it. Same for a whole head of garlic. Put these on the grill at 350 for 50 to 60 minutes.[p]Remove all from foil, scrape the eggplant out of the skin, squeeze the garlic out. Place eggplant, onion and garlic - with salt and pepper to taste - in food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Spread on pita bread, crackers, etc.[p]That's one way to handle an eggplant.[p]Ken