Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Father's Day Paella and Peach Cobbler

Options
Finally got the outdoor cooking space completed. Previous owner did the fire place. I added the cabinets and the BGE. 

Decided to do a Chicken, Shrimp and Chorizo Paella for Father's Day dinner and finish with a peach cobbler for dessert.

Thank you to all that post on this forum. There is a tremendous amount of knowledge that is shared.  Helps us newbies to learn quickly. 
From the shores of Lake Michigan.  Grand Haven.
Unsalted and Shark Free
XL.  Woo Adjustable Rig Combo.  Flame Boss 300.

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Beautiful set up man!  And beautiful paella.  Welcome.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    As above, great setting and way to bring the paella cook home.  Congrats and welcome aboard.  Above all, have fun.
    Nailing the soccarat is more of a challenge for me than hitting the brisket finish-line.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Welcome. Beautiful. That being said, I now hate you. 

Little Rock, AR

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    @B747crew check this one out 

great first post @Bayou_Buzzard
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Welcome to the forum. It's obvious you are no newbie. Paella was a wonderful choice for father's day; yours looks fantastic. You also have a beautiful setup. Again, great all the way around. Post often pardner. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Beautiful setup and beautiful cook. I've got to try paella someday. The presentation is purdy
    Snellville, GA

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Dude don't come on here pimpin a great lookin paella and say your a newbie.  Damn nice loooking cook and that patio area is outstanding 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Great looking paella there! The setup is really nice. You should be able to enjoy that for a long time. Welcome to the forum. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • Bayou_Buzzard
    Options
    Should have clarified. Newbie to BGE ownership and this forum  Have been cooking on an old barrel smoke for a few years. Did attempt a paella one other time with limited success. The BGE and the advice of those on this forum made it much easier this time around. 
    Unsalted and Shark Free
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Bayou_Buzzard Either way, jump in - be active - post lots. This really is a good bunch. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I'll dream about that awesome fireplace tonight. Damn thats a beautiful setup!

Little Rock, AR

• 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Winning, winning and winning. Great cook and welcome to the forum. 
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Options
    @Bayou_Buzzard if you don't mind please share the peach cobbler recipe. Thanks
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options

looks awesome

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Fantastic looking setup! Really nice. The food also matches
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • B747crew
    B747crew Posts: 158
    Options
    What a beautiful back patio area ! So nice. The Paella looks wonderful. Very nicely done.
  • BJM2932
    BJM2932 Posts: 119
    Options
    Wow. Great looking paella, and a beautiful setup to enjoy! 
    L BGE
    Paoli, PA

Instagram

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Awesome cook!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Bayou_Buzzard
    Options
    @GaBGE - here you go.  Given to me by my daughter for Father's Day. Used 2 quarts of Mama Bird's home canned peaches. Sprinkled to top generously with cinnamon sugar. 

Unsalted and Shark Free
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Looks great!!!   Thanks for sharing that and the shot of your beautiful outdoor kitchen.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Might be a newbie, but that's a pro cook and outdoor kitchen right there!
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)