Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best ribs ever, w/pics

Options
SouthOfI10
SouthOfI10 Posts: 213
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today's rib cook stands out as one of my best yet. I am fat, dumb and half intoxicated from the great food and good brew. Geez, these things were like candy! I combined a lot of tips from you folks here into a great recipe for ribs that needed no sauce, although I had some on the side. My Egg will definitely be doing this one again.[p]First, a coupla slabs of Maverick Ranch baby backs were prepped. This was my first time with the organic stuff, but they were on sale. Here is a link to their website: http://www.maverickranch.com/ I rinsed, cut in half, then coated with EVOO and a healthy coating of Raging River.
DSC00224.jpg
I did the 3-1-1 method. Here they are right after coming out of the foil.
DSC00229.jpg
And right before devouring....
DSC00235.jpg[p]BTW, they didn't need any sauce...[p]Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.[p]DSC00238.jpg

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    SouthOfI10,[p]Looks to me like you did a mighty fine job on those. dab4ce6c.gif The color, smoke and moisture is right on the money. I'm glad to see the sauce on the side.[p]I've had some Maverick ranch pork and I think buffalo too. They are down in Denver and have a good product.[p]
    ~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • SouthOfI10,[p]Those ribs are making my mouth water. Do you live around here i think i might come over for dinner. Where did you buy the ribs?

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    SouthOfI10,
    I have never done the EVOO and rub. A friend of mine swears by it, but he swears by the mustard as well. Anyway nice looking ribs. My dealer cooked me a slab before I bought, that is what sold me.[p]Mike