Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Digi Q DX2 or ?

Options
I am considering the DX2. Any thoughts/opinions? Other recommendations? Primary use would be long low temp cooks on a Leg BEG. Thanks!

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Flame boss 200 or 300

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    Flame boss 200 or 300
    Second, have the 300 and love it.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• ronw9471
    ronw9471 Posts: 112
    Options
    I have the DX2, used it last night on an overnight butt cook, it works great, not a thing wrong with it that i can find. I have no experience with the others so I can't comment. 
    Parrish, FL

My Photo Website: www.ronwooldridgephotography.com

XL Big Green Egg
  • dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    Options
    I have the Flameboss 200. I have enjoyed long nights of sleep while doing overnight cooks. No worries or issues thus far. If I were to buy one now, I'd go with the flameboss 300. 

XL BGE
    MD
  • bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    Options
    I have the digi 2 and like it but if I was buying now I would get the flameboss 200
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Stoker.  Been great for the last 7 years or so.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Spend the money on food instead. I have a DigiQ. Works fine, but I wouldn't buy it (or any controller) again. Just start the cook in the morning and cook at 320-350°... pork butt done by dinner time. You don't lose any sleep and you can just walk outside every so often to make sure all is well. Egg will maintain that temp easily, without help. And the food will be just as good.

The Flame Boss is popular around here, but I see no need for wifi. Wifi implies that you won't be at home and need to keep an eye on things remotely. NEVER grill while you're not home! And if you ARE at home and still think you need wifi because you can't be bothered to walk outside to take a look, well that's a whole 'nother issue.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    DigiQ. Had one for 3+ years. Have never regretted the purchase.
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    +1 Stoker. Rock solid. 
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Had a DigiQ. Had one of the most horrendous customer service experiences with them. Tossed the thing in the trash, replaced with a FlameBoss. Great device. When you need customer support...one of the best...
  • egginNthefreeworld
    Options
    Flameboss 200 or 300 wifi - just purely awesome.
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Flame Boss 300    Only one I've found with an adjustable fan.  Interface is easy to use and customer support is top notch.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    I have the DigiQ and recently upgraded to the CyberQ. My DigiQ is now my backup.
    Love the build quality of the CyberQ. If I was buying my first control now I would look serioously at the FB300.
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    edited June 2017
    Options
    BBQ Guru is supposedly coming out with two new devices this month. It might be worth it to wait if for nothing else, just to compare.

• SushiSlayer
    Options
    Thank you for your input. Looks like I opened the proverbial Ford Chevy debate. A lot of great advice. Namely Carolina Q and buying food!

Thanks again!