Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chicken & 2 cheeses on a crossiant tonight ROCKED!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
We haven't enjoyed these for 6 months for some reason. But they were chicken breasts, pounded flat and then soaked in Kraft Italian dressing for 8 hours. Hit with DP Raging River after draining. On my small egg with apple and cherry chunks for smoke at 350 direct for 12 minutes flipping 4 times. Then added slices of Havariti and Muenster cheese slices then on to sliced butter croissants with Mayo and a piece of lettuce.

Trust us - in spite of a crappy picture these sandwiches ROCKED!!!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Nice sammich Ron.  You should try the Italian dressing marinade in a vac pack.  It will turn your 8hrs into 1-1 1/2hrs.  I do it quite often for weeknight meals.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Those look good. We did something similar awhile back with the addition of some thinly sliced Granny Smith apples on the sandwich. They added a nice crunch and extra flavor. You should give that a try sometime, though I don't think yours need anything more. Nice cook.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Nice sammich Ron.  You should try the Italian dressing marinade in a vac pack.  It will turn your 8hrs into 1-1 1/2hrs.  I do it quite often for weeknight meals.  
    Thanks. I understand your suggestion. Being a retired dude then 8 hours is no hassle to me therefore the sped up vac pack time saving isnt needed for me, but again I appreciate your comment! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Ron, dare I say that looks like money =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options

Being a retired dude 
    Keep rubbing it in don't ya.

looks great-need to make these.  Have you ever tried adding Granny Smith apples?  It's actually a really good combo with the cheese, chicken and croissant. A local restaurant used to make one they called the smokin granny. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Looks great Ron. The cheese and mayo are key. Mmmm
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Looking good @RRP. It's not even 8:00 here yet, but I could go for one of those.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC