Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new felt

Options
bdavidson
bdavidson Posts: 411
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was in the middle of making pizza last night and my felt gasket finally let go. I just picked up the phone and ordered a new one from BGE. Here's hoping it arrives in time for my Superbowl brisket!
bd

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    bdavidson,[p]I ordered one on a Monday and had it in hand on Wednesday. You should be in good shape for the weekend. Good luck.[p]Troy
  • Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    bdavidson,[p] I have read many times that, it will not be a problem to cook without the gasket. I worst comes to worst, enjoy the game and replace it next week.[p]Earl
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    bdavidson,
    The gasket on my Rand McNalley EGG (Red Clay model) went out about 20 years ago and still cooks great. Enjoy the cook and the weekend.

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    JJ,
    The upper gasket is history, but the lower one is still intact, at least partially. If I can't get a replacement by brisket start time, I'll just try it without. Temp control may be a problem if it isn't airtight.
    Incidentally, I used some of those pecan chunks on Thanksgiving, JJ. MMMMMMMMMMM, good! Thanks again.
    bd

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    bdavidson,
    Temp control is not that hard you will just have to close the bottom vent a little more than you normally did.