Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another BGE spotting

Options
Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I stopped by the "Whole Foods" yesterday (a health food store) to pick up some lump ($4.99 of 10# bag) and saw a BGE. It looked like they may do samples on the weekends. May have to stop by this weekend to check it out! BTW, the lump I have been getting there is quite good. lots of big pieces and not much dust![p]Smokey

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Smokey,
    Whole Foods is one of my clients, and I have mentioned the BGE to the person I deal with. Her Dad was lookin at one. Doubt there is any connection, but struck me funny![p]We have Fresh Fields down here, that is part of Whole Foods. The last Whole Foods lump I got was cabinetry, and some had bubbled up finish of some kind on it! but then again, I have been getting some funky BGE lump lately too. Tons of bark, and lots of heavy partially burnt wood that hasn't yet been "lumpized". I'll try another bag or two of the whole foods stuff again, and see if I have better luck.[p]Hope you are enjoying married life. Cheers!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Maybe it’s just a funny coincidence, but there it was, a large BGE! I will check it out this weekend! The store “Whole Foods” is a nice store with some good produce and meats. It can be a bit pricey, but good for lump. I also take a closer look at the lump for scrap wood etc.[p]Smokey[p]Oh, marrage it going great too!
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Smokey,
    Pricey is right. Their meats are excellent, but nearly double the grocery store prices. That is the price you pay, I guess, to make sure the animals are free-ranging, antibiotic/hormone free, and fed non-genetically altered corn, and wipe their feet before entering the barn at night. [p]I can't get myself to spend that kind of money though!! But it really is fresh.
    I might if I really knew what was in the grocery store meat I am eating![p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Nature Boy, I'm with you on that one. As long as it doesn't moooo, oink, baaaa, bellow, squawk fowl talk, and is labled Grade A Choice or better, I buy it after a close exam.
    C~W