Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Tries with the BGE

Options
Cajun
Cajun Posts: 147
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Finally got my "Christmas Present" (Large BGE) Friday installed in the wrought iron nest. First on the agenda Saturday were Filet Mignons. Coated the Filets with Tony Chachere's Seasoning (the only real seasoning to use for gooooooood food) and let them sit for an hour in the fridge. Did the TimM tried and true method with some mesquite (sp?) on these lovelies and man-o-man-o-man. OUTSTANDING Local restaurants just lost a customer[p]Sunday, tried a 12 pound turkey and it didn't turn out too good. Could be the fact that it had been in the freezer for 8 or 9 months had something to do with it. I also may have used too much pecan for smoking da bird. Regardless, it was ok, just nothing to write home about.[p]Looking forward to furure [p]Thanks again for all the good words and help[p]

Comments

• Huck
    Huck Posts: 110
    Options
    Cajun,
    try brining your turkey next time and stuffing it with apples or pears!

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    Cajun,
    I agree about the brining of the bird! The pecan probably saved it from disaster! But, then again we love a lot of smoke!
    I'll e-mail you today the brine recipe I use. It has worked wonders for me![p]BTW, welcome to the forum and congrats on the new family addition! You're gona love it more and more as you go on![p]Dr. Chicken